Job description / Role
Associate Director, FS Consulting (Bahrain)
Position title: Associate Director, Financial Services
Industry: professional service company
Roles and Responsibilities
- Serving as a key advisor, identify and direct enterprise-wide strategy projects and oversee execution of related deliverables for Financial Services clients
- Provide direction in establishing project governance, identifying & developing project management methodologies, standards and procedures, monitoring & managing overall risk areas and interdependencies among projects at the enterprise level
- Provide leadership and direction within organisation's FS Consulting to form integration of organisation's Advisory offerings, which may include, but are not limited to; Financial Services Integrated Risk & Compliance, Finance measurable improved operational performance, regulatory changes; IT related implementations and organizational strategy within the Financial Services sector.
- Coaching, mentoring, training, and oversight to ensure compliance with project management standards, policies, procedures with respect to organisation's quality standards and audit processes
- Participate in professional development of organisation's strategy team members and assist with the recruiting and training of new staff.
- Relevant Bachelors degree. A master's degree in IT, Finance, Banking, MBA, Economics and other equivalent subjects is highly advantageous.
- Minimum of 10 years' relevant experience preferably within an advisory firm or working under business transformation division in the banking sector.
- Deep understanding of operations of a bank from an organization, process , product and technology standpoint - retail, corporate, wholesale, private banking, wealth management etc
- Demonstrated experience in digital transformation for FS clients
- Strong understanding of key trends in the FS industry and how to apply these - for example, fintech, blockchain.
- Hands on experience in FS strategy definition
- Experience in FS operations consulting - e.g. cost optimization, efficiency reviews, branch transformation etc.
- Exposure to and understanding of core banking systems and key technology themes (e.g. cyber security, BCM, D&A)
- Strong understanding of regulatory frameworks (capital planning, IFRS9, VAT etc)
- Ability to build strong internal relationships with senior management, peers and direct reports
- Innovative mindset, identifies and drives improvement opportunities
- Focused on quality delivery and getting results
- Demonstrates high integrity
- Confident and assertive with excellent influencing and persuasion skills
- Ability to participate in the development and presentation of proposals for business development activities.
- Flexible and able to operate in the context of very different cultures and national approaches
About the Company
We recruit the very best talent for middle management positions across a range of functions and sectors.
Think you've heard all that before? Read on.
We're here to make recruitment better. Better for our clients, our candidates and our own recruitment professionals.
We build relationships, not databases, and add real value that helps organisations and individuals grow. We are a team of functional and sector specialists delivering a genuinely consultative service that is underpinned by the depth of both our market knowledge and the client & candidate networks we have built.
As a part of the Redgrave Group, we work alongside Redgrave Partners, a leading executive search firm. This helped to inspire our unique approach of introducing a search led methodology to the middle management space.
Our clients love it. And as a result, we are one of the fastest growing professional recruitment groups on the planet.
Whether you're hiring or changing jobs yourself, you can't afford to get it wrong. Argyll Scott will ensure you get it right.