Job description / Role
* To assist in performing all types of Internal Audit (IA) engagements of the Group's processes per the defined methodologies to provide the Head of IA with audit reports per the IA Plan.
* Contribute to the IA Department by identifying risks associated with business objectives and evaluating the controls in place to mitigate those risks in order to improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
* Provide value?added advice and support to stakeholders on the creation or modification of policies, procedures, processes, products or services to ensure an appropriate level of internal control and compliance is maintained.
Education, Experience and Knowledge:
* 2-3 years full time IA experience, preferably in motor or general insurance and/or a regulated industry, or with a Big 4 audit firm.
* University Degree in Business / Finance.
* Recognized professional designation in Accounting (e.g. ACCA, CPA)
* Professional certification ? Preferably CIA / CISA / CFE
* Understanding of risk and control concepts
* Understanding of IIA Standards
* Basic understanding of accounting principles and Financial Statements
* Basic knowledge of rules and regulations in Bahrain, especially regulations applicable to insurers
* Technical skills in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio.
* Excellent command of both written and spoken English
* Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal)
* Unquestioned personal integrity with strong ethics and values
* Ability to demonstrate integrity, credibility, confidentiality and responsibility in all interactions
* High degree of aptitude regarding attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
* Commitment to self?development and expansion of knowledge
* Good presentation skills
* Ability to multi?task
* Work effectively under pressure
* Proactive approach
* Prepared to get down to grass roots level when necessary to identify the root cause
* Polite attitude and friendly in communicating with others
About the Company
A leading insurance group in Bahrain.