Audit & Assurance - Internal Client Services - Receptionist
Deloitte & Touche (M.E.)
Job description / Role
Audit & Assurance | Internal Client Services - Receptionist
When you work for us, you commit to a career at one of the largest and most prestigious professional services firms in the world. Looking for a rewarding career? Take a closer look at Deloitte & Touche ME. You'll understand that Deloitte is a Tier 1 Tax advisor in the GCC region since 2010 (according to the International Tax Review World Tax Rankings). It has received numerous awards in the last few years which include Best Employer in the Middle East, best consulting firm, and the Middle East Training & Development Excellence Award by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW).
In addition to our opportunities in Audit & Assurance, Tax & Legal, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Financial Advisory, we offer a variety of careers in Internal Client Services (ICS) considered essential to the growth of the Firm. Whether in Human Resources, Finance or PR, a career in ICS with Deloitte & Touche ME will give you the opportunity to join a firm undergoing rapid expansion in a region of fast-paced growth. Your role will not just put your passion for creative solutions to the test, it will provide you with an environment to grow and build a career based on excellence.
Deloitte makes an impact that matters. Every day we challenge ourselves to do what matters most-for clients, for our people, and for society. We serve clients distinctively, bringing innovative insights, solving complex challenges, and unlocking sustainable growth. We inspire our talented professionals to deliver outstanding value to clients, providing an exceptional career experience and an inclusive and collaborative culture. We contribute to society, building confidence and trust in the markets, upholding the integrity of organizations, and supporting our communities.
Our shared values guide the way we behave to make a positive, enduring impact:
- Lead the way
- Serve with integrity
- Take care of each other
- Foster inclusion
- Collaborate for measurable impact
During your tenure as a Receptionist, you will be the first point of contact and be able to confidently and positively communicate with staff, clients and suppliers at all levels. Additionally, you will provide general secretarial, clerical and administrative support and you will demonstrate and develop your capabilities in the following areas:
- Acting as a main point of contact for all incoming telephone enquiries (answer telephone, take messages, transfer calls and provide information to other departments upon request)
- Maintaining the general filing system and filing all correspondence
- Assisting the Team with basic administration and tasks
- Managing stationery and other general office supplies and equipment and ensuring supplies are kept at a consistent level
- Responding to straightforward correspondence through email, written, and telephone communication
- Aligning and abiding by the business continuity plan for the office
- Maintaining records of extensions of Deloitte employees clients contact numbers
- Handling the preparation of paperwork such as engagement letters, cover letters, invoices and general letters
- Maintaining and preparing the excel sheet for the invoices on a monthly basis
- Handling the preparation of the financial statements by rolling out the previous year to the current one by including clients and auditors etc.
- Arranging the financial statement by thoroughly comparing between the Arabic and English versions and preparing their respective envelopes, labels and acknowledgements
- Handling the preparation and issuance of Agreed-Upon Procedure (AUP) reports
- Handling the formatting of the financial statements as well as their issuance upon obtaining the Engagement Quality Control Review (EQCR) docket, management representation letters and signed balance sheets from the client along with the signed audit reports by the Partners / Directors.
- Builds own understanding of our purpose and values; explores opportunities for impact.
- Demonstrates strong commitment to personal learning and development; acts as a brand ambassador to help attract top talent
- Understands expectations and demonstrates personal accountability for keeping performance on track
- Actively focuses on developing effective communication and relationship-building skills
- Understands how their daily work contributes to the priorities of the team and the business
- Degree in secretarial skills or related field and/or a university degree
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An excellent telephone etiquette, verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills
- A positive attitude to dealing with people including staff, clients and suppliers at all levels
- Knowledge and ability to use proficiently standard office computer software, including word-processing, databases and spreadsheets
- Ability to use email and Internet applications
- Well-developed organization and time management skills, and the ability to work on own initiative, accurately to tight deadlines, and to prioritize between conflicting demands
- Ability to work independently, including maintaining filing systems, databases and straightforward diary management
- Ability maintain trust and confidentiality in the provision of administration support
- Advanced level of technical proficiency and computer literacy (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Management)
- Fluency in English (reading, speaking, and writing). Preference will be given to bilingual candidates (Arabic/English).
About the Company
Deloitte is the world's largest and leading professional services firm, providing audit & assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory and tax and services to public and private clients spanning multiple industries, whether they are in the energy, communications, oil and gas, financial services, family businesses, healthcare, public or education sectors among others.
With a globally connected network of member firms in more than 150 countries and territories, Deloitte brings world-class capabilities and high-quality service to clients, delivering the insights they need to address their most complex business challenges. Deloitte's more than 250,000 professionals are committed to becoming the standard of excellence.
Deloitte & Touche (M.E.) is a member firm of Deloitte globally and is the first Arab professional services firm established in the Middle East region Deloitte & Touche (M.E.) is a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (DTTL) and is a leading professional services firm established in the Middle East region with uninterrupted presence since 1926 with 26 offices in 15 countries to date. What distinguishes Deloitte member firms in the Middle East is the global and regional expertise and know-how offered through specialized and highly knowledgeable talent. Deloitte aims to offer the best services to its clients through a team with more than 3,300 partners, directors and staff in the Middle East which guarantees effective communication with clients and a deeper understanding of their needs. It is a Tier 1 Tax advisor in the GCC region since 2010 (according to the International Tax Review World Tax Rankings). It has also received numerous awards in the last few years which include best employer in the Middle East, best consulting firm, the Middle East Training & Development Excellence Award by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW), as well as the best CSR integrated organization.
Deloitte drives progress. Our practices around the Middle East support clients become leaders wherever they choose to compete. We invest in outstanding people of diverse talents and backgrounds and empower them to achieve more than they could elsewhere. Our work combines advice with action and integrity. We believe that when our clients and society are stronger, so are we.
Deloitte makes an impact that matters. Every day we challenge ourselves to do what matters most-for clients, for our people, and for society. We serve clients distinctively, bringing innovative insights, solving complex challenges and unlocking sustainable growth. We inspire our talented professionals to deliver outstanding value to clients, providing an exceptional career experience and an inclusive and collaborative culture. We contribute to society, building confidence and trust in the markets, upholding the integrity of organizations and supporting our communities.
Our shared values guide the way we behave to make a positive, enduring impact:
- Outstanding value to markets and clients
- Commitment to each other
- Strength from cultural diversity