Job description / Role
Gulf Connexions is working closely with an industry-leading insurance company who is urgently looking for an Aviation Underwriter to cover primarily the Middle Eastern and African markets from their growing Bahrain office. You will be part of a multi-disciplined underwriting team, who are recognised leaders within the global reinsurance sector. This position will provide in-depth exposure to Aviation deals across the globe.
• Underwrite Aviation insurance products to regional brokers
• Underwrite aircraft hull and liability coverage for all aircraft operations, Aviation product liability, and Aviation commercial general liability
• Develop new as well as existing broker contacts
• Prices all submissions, utilizing the available pricing tools and other data sources available.
• Negotiates position with Broker and/or cedants, looking to optimise pricing, coverage and conditions to maximise economic profit.
• Minimum of 3 years of professional underwriting experience with a solid background in aviation.
• In-depth understanding and working knowledge of aviation line underwriting, the insurance market and competitors.
• Proven experience of dealing with brokers and clients in the market.
• Results-driven with ability work on own initiative.
• An expert underwriting professional with a strong reputation.
• Have excellent analytical and synthetic skills and like working with figures.
• Excellent planning, proactivity, using initiative and being a good communicator.
Applications will be considered if you have the relevant experience and your skill set match those required and stipulated within the advert text.
About the Company
Gulf Connexions Group is the regions leading specialist recruitment consultancy providing a wealth of local and international expertise and in-depth market intelligence for its blue-chip clients and candidates.
Contact our consultants directly for your specialist recruitment requirements. For candidates searching for job opportunities and requiring informed career advice, Gulf Connexions provides updates on the top positions available across the region.
Headquartered in Bahrain in the heart of central business district, Gulf Connexions maintains offices in Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, Dubai, Hong Kong, Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Singapore, fully equipped with state-of-the-art database technologies. Gulf Connexions has a rigorous screening process for all prospective candidates with interviewing facilities available throughout the region.
Gulf Connexions has the most extensive database of experienced and qualified banking candidates available for regional deployment. Gulf Connexions works closely with the region\'s leading blue chip organizations providing candidates with excellent career path development and unrivaled employment opportunities.
Airport Service Manager
Business Systems Analyst
Executive Assistant - Aviation
Senior Procurement Officer