Job description / Role
As the AVP of Information Security, you will be responsible to act as an interface between the Head of Information Security's strategy and process-based activities and the work of the technology-focused analysts, engineers and administrators in the IT organisation.
A leading multi-national financial services institution in Bahrain.
* Coordinate the IT organisation's technical activities to implement and manage security infrastructure, and to provide regular status and service-level reports to the management.
* Providing operational support across the core platforms including testing, improving and maintaining new and existing systems, and working closely with all the technology teams to ensure system consistency.
* Design, coordinate and oversee security testing procedures to verify the security of systems, networks and applications, and manage the remediation of identified risks.
* Manage the day-to-day activities of threat and vulnerability management, identify risk tolerances, recommend treatment plans and communicate information about residual risk.
* Work with various stakeholders to identify information asset owners to classify data and systems as part of a control framework implementation.
* Research, evaluate, design, test, recommend or plan the implementation of new or updated information security hardware or software, and analyse its impact on the existing environment; provide technical and managerial expertise for the administration of security tools.
* Work with the enterprise architecture team to ensure that there is a convergence of business, technical and security requirements; liaise with IT management to align existing technical installed base and skills with future architectural requirements.
* Manage the process of gathering, analyzing and assessing the current and future threat landscape, as well as providing the Head of Information Security with a realistic overview of risks and threats in the enterprise environment.
* Work with the Head of Information Security to develop security budget projections based on short- and long-term goals and objectives.
* Manage the state of "Security Knowledge" within the team, train new staff, conduct performance reviews, and provide leadership and coaching, including technical and personal development programs for team members in the domain of security.
* Attractive tax-free salary and great working culture
* Exciting role
* International environment
* Prior work experience in an Information Security and IT Security operations role.
* Experience of applying security controls to Microsoft Windows and/or LINUX based environments.
* Experience managing incident queue's and managing incidents end to end.
* Strong experience in managing patching and vulnerability scanning processes.
* Managing Penetration Testing and Vulnerability Assessments.
* Experience in producing operations reporting dashboards.
* Strong organization and prioritization skills.
* Professional, calm and resilient approach to any security incidents.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.