Job description / Role
Mott MacDonald is a £1.2 billion management, engineering and development consultancy with 16,000 staff and a global reach spanning six continents. Our network of 180 principal offices in 140 countries gives us local market insight backed by world class expertise to deliver excellence for every client.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
This role is part of our award-winning WIN team responsible for producing high quality proposals and extending full support to Sector Leaders, Account Leaders, Proposal Principles and Managers in WINNING more work for the business. Bid Coordinator will be mainly responsible to support in preparing, collating high quality proposal documents in line with MM branding requirements. The successful candidate will also support business to produce high quality proposal documents in Adobe Creative Suite mainly Adobe InDesign.
Key responsibilities and duties are listed, but not limited to, the below:
- Supporting WIN Team with design and production of high-quality documentation and graphics content for all bid submissions; ensuring accurate and consistent presentation, utilising the tools and brand templates provided in the WIN Centre and our authorised software;
- Supporting Bid Principals/Managers and WIN Team in preparation and collation of bid documents such as CVs, project experiences, marketing information and any other supporting documents.
- Supporting Bid Principals/Managers with bid coordination including correspondences with client and handling all pre and post tender clarifications
- Managing client e-procurement portals and regular checking for tender invitations
- Providing leave cover in absence of any other Bid Coordinator.
- Supporting Account Leaders to complete and update company's details on client registration system.
- Supporting Bid Principals/Managers in producing high quality proposals and developing infographics and other illustrative images
- Develop and maintain marketing and bidding materials.
- Assist with gathering market intelligence.
- Support Sector Leaders and Account Leaders in maintaining and updating Group Prospect Tracker
- Format and edit content of proposals and reports using company and custom InDesign, PowerPoint and Word templates to meet requirements by utilizing a variety of software programs to produce projects.
- Support all Business Development activities such as EOIs (expressions of Interest) and Pre-Qualification documents
- Troubleshoot and problem-solve document or file issues such as fonts, artwork or other depictions, graphs, tables, etc., and determine best course of action.
- Support WIN Centre Manager in managing and maintaining internal database (WIN Centre) with business development/proposals support materials
- Manage in-house printing and professional printing through approved suppliers.
- At least 5 years of professional experience of creating high quality bid documents preferably using Adobe Creative Suites within Architectural/Engineering/Consultancy firms
- Preference will be given to candidates having ability to use Adobe Creative Suite (ideally Adobe InDesign)
- Minimum education to bachelor level preferably in engineering
- Strong command of English language with ability to paraphrase documents
- Excellent organisation skills and the ability to communicate efficiently and confidently
- Ability to use own initiative whilst working to tight deadlines in a demanding environment.
- Strong client / team interpersonal skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with all level of staff
- Strong experience of preparing high quality documents
- Well organised and self motivated.
- Advanced administration skills.
- Proven IT skills in particular, Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong project management skills - ability to prioritise and manage workload effectively
- Understanding of commercial terminologies Being able to assess situations in the context of the full business ecosystem
- Continuously looking for innovations and improvements to manage workload and accomplish deliverables across individuals, teams and projects
- Using leadership skills to build and nurture relationships and also creating effective working environments
- Able to manage multiple teams with diverse backgrounds on geographically and culturally diverse teams
- In Mott MacDonald, we have a strong policy ethical behaviour and expect the highest standards of ethical practice. These are at the core of our corporate values hence do not engage in any aspects of bribery or corrupt practice. As such, we expect staff must always act:
- With integrity
- With due skill, care and diligence
- In good faith, and
- In compliance with all applicable laws
- Adopting an adaptive mindset and using strategic and critical thinking to approach problems in a new way
- Ability to deal efficiently with priorities and manage time appropriately
- Advanced level proficiency with all MS Office products, including: Outlook; Word; Excel; and PowerPoint
- A dedicated team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels including external stakeholders
- Ensure MacDonald HSE policies are at the forefront of all activities
- Adopting a proactive approach towards complex tasks and overall delivery
- Sound knowledge of professional and international standards
- Must be present in Bahrain or willing to relocate
About the Company
The Mott MacDonald Group is a diverse management, engineering and development consultancy delivering solutions for public and private clients world-wide.
Mott MacDonald's uniquely diverse 1 billion global consultancy works across 12 core business areas.
As one of the world's largest employee-owned companies with over 14,000 staff, we have principal offices in nearly 50 countries and projects in 140.