Job description / Role
Job Title: Brand Manager
Job Family: Marketing
In their endeavor to excellence, the fundamental values all our employees must possess are Commitment, Integrity, Empathy and Flexibility
The job holder of this position is responsible for the communication and maintenance of global Brand values, aligning market and Brand strategies, providing a clear vision and position to the Brand, and keeping track of business performance, opportunities and threats. The Brand Manager also acts as the direct contact for all commercial and marketing activities with both client and supplier/franchise.
Key Areas of focus:
- Follow all relevant Marketing policies, processes and standard operating procedures so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner
- Follow the day-to-day activities related to own job with minimal supervision to ensure continuity of work
- Escalate complex problems to the relevant person to ensure case/issue is closed efficiently and in timely a manner
- Plan, develop and implement marketing strategies in selected markets to achieve the designated brand's objectives.
- Communicate annual brand marketing plan to all relevant departments, and countries - where applicable
- Have an acute awareness of brand principles and communicate same to all clients
- Coordinate with Marketing Executives on all aspects of planning, budgeting and implementation of events/PR/Media activities
- Recommend wholesale/retail prices for the designated brands/products as per market requirements, keeping in mind the competition
- Follow up on new stores openings according to guidelines: layout, project status, hand over, snag list and merchandising
- Gather all elements required to prepare a 'New Collection training package' and ensure appropriate distribution of the material
- Retain and expand distribution customer base
- Monitor the competition in each region through market surveys, pricing analysis, product comparisons Etc.
- Monitor and analyze sell-out data so as to accurately forecast orders per season per client
- Ensure creation of a "Products catalogue" for the best seller and update periodically
- Solve the commercial problems (goods to be returned, quality problems, payments).
Brand Performance Analysis:
- Provide and follow-up on brand specific key indicators to be integrated into reporting templates
- Consolidate local reports and provide periodic analysis executive summary
- Analyse variations between periodic sales projections and actual sales
- Analyse the stock and ensure that dormancy is kept to a minimum
- Recommend immediate action plans to Division Managers (re-order, specific line targets, transferâ€¦).
- Prepare 'trend projection' and pre-buying package (store/country/network) based on sell out, actual stock, planned new openings, etc...
- Present buying budget to direct manager &/or other countries for validation
- Attend buying sessions and place orders to suppliers as per budget and forecast, taking lead-time into consideration
- Negotiate prices with suppliers to retain maximum gross margins and remain competitive in the market
- Have a direct understanding of client needs in each region and edit data and react accordingly
- Communicate regularly and effectively any relevant data provided by the brand owner
- Create a rapport with each client in order to sustain good working relations
- Analyse all order confirmations/orders prior to delivering to each client
- Ensure that all clients have the sufficient and applicable tools as per principle in order to optimise sell out
- Present the new products/collections to the customers, taking orders and following up of their existing stocks.
- Compile the business review elements to be discussed periodically with the brand owner
- Report any relevant regional economic activities to principle on a regular basis
- Maintain a professional system for all files and company data
- Ensure all product references are properly entered and updated in the database
- Ensure receiving periodic analytical reports from all regions - where applicable.
- Develop pricing strategies, balancing firm objectives and customer satisfaction
- Provide prompt, thorough, and accurate information to keep management appropriately informed of the organization's financial position
- Use sales forecasting and strategic planning to ensure the sale and profitability of products, lines, or services, analysing business developments and monitoring market trends.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.