Job description / Role
An International company providing high-level professional management and consulting services that have spread throughout the Middle East, Northern Africa, Europe and North America. They are currently looking for a Business Development Officer to be based in Bahrain.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• To ensure implementation of the company operations and Technical Department’s processes and strategies, operations procedures, guidelines and policies to ensure proper alignment with the company’s retails rules and regulations and business objectives.
• To ensure that efficient and effective support is provided to Head of Retail Development to develop and market diversified business solutions to the identified franchisee/customers.
• Act proactively to avoid supply/service interruption by reminding franchisees of impending end to contract dates and discussing business plans with them on how to proceed.
• Maintain an on-going dialogue with finance, Marketing Systems and audit to ensure the provision of quality information systems to Franchisees while guaranteeing the full disclosure of retail sales and associated income.
• Work closely with the Head of Retail Development and act as the Company’s foremost advocate for the business development, directing all business promotional efforts.
• Prepare periodical status/activity report for his/her section, as requested from time to time by the Management.
• Participate in preparing and coordinating the periodical “Key Performance Indicators” for Head of Retail Development. Implement corrective actions/provide relevant recommendations to improve KPI’s.
• Obtain budgetary proposals and assist user department in setting their annual budget for Business Development.
• Assist the Head of Retail Development in managing the department budget.
Qualification & Requirements:
• BS Minimum 5-7 years’ experience as Business Development Officer or similar job in a retail chain firm.
• Bachelor of Business in Marketing, Accounting or Economics.
• Membership in Professional Bodies preferred.
• Excellent oral and written communication in English and Arabic, and interpersonal skills.
• Must possess the ability to humbly deal with people in a most effective and motivational manners.
• Must be diplomatic and tactful while dealing with various government departments and other agencies.
• High Level of Personal Integrity & ethics
• Good planning & coordination skills and ability to work under pressure within given deadlines.
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering
Sales Executive / Business Development Executive (Freight Forwarding)
Middle East Executive
Business Development Manager
Head of Business Development
Senior Business Development Manager - MEET Region