Job description / Role
Essential and optional requirements
- Ensures personalized service is offered to guests during their stay (Luggage packing and unpacking, Shoe polishing, laundry collecting and delivery).
- Acts as the reference team member for guests during their stay and ensures that all requests from guests are made possible or are followed up.
- Assists with luggage delivery and collection.
- Provide food and beverage service in the Club Melisime lounge with the ability to handle plate, hand carried service
- Prepares bar beverages and liquor pouring according to the guidelines given.
- Warm up rooms according to Sofitel housekeeping standards checking that all room equipment are functioning
- Maintains the cleanliness and coordinates maintenance work with engineering department of all Club Melisime areas and equipment (Lounge, Pantry, Back of the House)
- Possess working knowledge of the Hotel Operating System (Opera)
- Bears full understanding & knowledge of all in room services, technology, amenities, functions & systems.
- Refreshes the room & coordinates daily Housekeeping service and nightly turndown.
- Coordinates Laundry & Pressing collection & delivery as well as the shoe shining service.
- Coordinate delivery of all amenities &/ or gifts to Club Melisime guests.
- Coordinates delivery of preferred newspapers & magazine to all club melisime guests / suites.
- Coordinates replenishment of mini bar, assisting with control via Room service.
- Ensures that all glassware, chinaware, and cutlery in the room are cleaned, free of stains and presented as per standard.
- Ensures a daily replenishment of good quality fruits, eventually, according to guests' preferences.
- Ensures that the flowers are always fresh and displayed in fresh water.
- Ensures that guest supplies are replenished and displayed as per standard.
- Provides Tea, Coffee and Beverage service to all rooms.
- Coordinates In-Room Dining order taking and delivery as required.
- Builds a rapport with all allocated guests and maintains interactions in order to facilitate guest recognition and obtain information regarding their preferences for guest history.
- Coordinates all guest entertainment & activities, making reservations, and using Concierge as and when required.
- Checks room after departure for lost belongings.
- Coordinates with Concierge for the storage of stowed away items
- Liaises closely with Reception, Housekeeping, Valet, F& B, Concierge, and I.T.
- Orders all necessary operating stock when needed.
- Power Point
- To fully read, understand and implement all the hotel policies and related procedures included in the employee hand book with no deviation.
- To report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name tag ensuring a professional appearance & grooming standards with a respectable proper attitude.
- To live and breathe Sofitel values at all times.
- To provide a courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service at all times, following Sofitel Zallaq Standards of Performance.
- To adhere to the hotel safety, security and emergency policies and procedures.
- To be fully conversant with all services and facilities offered by the hotel and being aware of all activities and events taking place in the hotel.
- To be aware of all VIPs visiting or staying in the hotel.
- Maintain the cleanness of the work place, front and back areas at all times.
- Striving to maintain and keep the hotel equipment and assets in an excellent condition.
- Handover shifts properly and to ensure that no pending correspondence / issues are to be left unattended without follow up.
- Records all guests' requests and all pending matters in the log and following it up to ensure they are handled and related action was taken properly .
- Checking business mail regularly within the shift and respond accordingly.
- Keep business mail strictly for business purposes only and follow E-mail etiquette and standards when sending or receiving mails.
- Reporting any problems, issues or guest disturbance immediately to the in charge to take proper action and to follow up with the guest to ensure guest satisfaction.
- To handle guest complaints in a professional manner, by owning it, working on a satisfactory resolution, to call a Supervisor / Senior Manager to handle if required.
- Communicate very well with the other team members to ensure the harmony and consistency of service & maintain good working relationships with colleagues and all other departments.
- To be entirely flexible and be able to be rotated within the different sub departments of the Rooms Division as assigned and to positively accept any changes within the department in light of business demands.
- To be flexible with changes in scheduling and shift timings according to business needs.
- To attend shift briefings, training and meetings as and when required.
- To carry out all responsibilities listed in the job description with utmost efficiency and dedication.
- Level of Education Secondary professional education
Areas of study
- 1 to 2 years
- French (Working level)
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.