Job description / Role
Our client is a semi-governmental Aviation Company. The company has more than 600 employees in a vast number of divisions and departments. They are currently looking for a Cashier to be based in Bahrain.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Submit collected cash, checks, and credit card remittance to company Operations and prepare appropriate collection statements and documentations for submittal with the collected cash, checks and credit card remittance.
• Assist manager and operations with reconciliation of payments collected by way of cash, checks or credit card payments and ensure adherence to proper account closing procedures.
• Maintain worksheets within company accounting system to ensure all transactions are recorded and reflected appropriately in the accounting system.
• Assist with all the necessary adjustments in the general ledger to ensure proper reconciliations.
• Assist the manager with financial questions/answers among Finance/Accounting department and other internal and external relevant entities.
• Verify and reconcile all cash, checks and credit card payments with receipts and data generated by Customs Affairs’ system and resolve any discrepancies.
• Submit to training, understanding, and using Customs Affairs’ system for the purposes of Company operations.
Qualification & Requirements:
• Minimum 3 years' experience as a cashier
• Must be Bahraini based in Bahrain
• Must be willing to work on shift basis / 6 days per week
• Solid Accounting knowledge.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Detail oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills.
• Strong initiative and ability to clearly communicate with superiors and colleagues.
• Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
• High level computer skills (emphasis on MS Excel).
• Good command of English both spoken and written.
• Candidate must be Bahraini.
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering
Elements Cine Productions
Cashier (F&B Service)
Accountant and HR Officer
A Leading Packaging Services Company In The UAE