Job description / Role
Operating in select sectors and demand driven markets within the Gulf region, the company has a mission to be the top Bahrain based service and trading group. The company strives to deliver quality products and services to ensure commercial success for all their customers.
They are currently looking for a Category Manager to be based in Bahrain.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Adhere to all company policies, procedures, health & safety regulations and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
• Know and adhere to Quality Standards for customer service.
• Responsible for the daily operations of the category across all branches and delegating work.
• Work closely with Operations Manager, Branch Manager, Merchandise Manager and Suppliers to achieve the targets.
• Study existing and new legislation and advising management on needed action.
• Establish and coordinate the commercial relationships with the key suppliers (local and foreign where applicable).
• Identify and explore new opportunities and avenues for expansion.
• Conduct systematic branch visits to ensure the product quality, merchandising and other tasks.
• Ensure sufficient staff availability in all branches to cater for all customer needs.
• Manage, motivate and evaluate performance of all branch staff.
• Ensure all department associates and staff wear uniform, are clean and tidy and receive proper training and supervision.
• Ensure correct ordering, receiving, unloading and storage of products.
• Utilize the space allocated for the section in each branch in a well-studied and beneficial manner.
• Manage stock levels and make decisions related to ranging, product and price offering.
• Manage the transportation and delivery schedules ensuring full availability and variety of items at all times.
• Ensure all items delivered to branches are adequate and good for sale to the customers.
• Reduce damages and wastage amount in a way that does not affect sales.
• Ensure all damages returned from branches and sent to store according to company procedures.
• Track sales and inventory for all products and manage product inventory to avoid obsolete, overstock and out of stocks.
• Maintain back-stock areas according to department standards.
• Responsible for any short dated, expired or damaged items both on display and in branch stores.
• Responsible for any price difference between shelf and POS.
• Achieve key performance indicator targets: sales, gross margin, net margin, etc.
• Support all sale activities within the market and plan for seasonality.
• Maintain detailed knowledge of the company’s products.
• Maintain the category merchandising planograms for each branch.
• Liaise with clients building strong relations, including dealing with any queries and complaints.
• Visit competitors to compare prices, availability and variety, and to build up new opportunities.
• Develop sales plan and monthly reports.
• Coordinate the execution of approved advertising programs and promotional campaigns.
• Regular meeting with Management regarding sales performance.
Qualification & Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Retailing, Management, Sales, or Marketing is required. MBA is an advantage.
• Strong background in merchandising and vendor relationships.
• Excellent interpersonal skill.
• Able to multi-task and use initiative.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Microsoft Office proficient especially Word and Excel.
• Demonstrate good communication skills and excellent people/social skills.
• A positive attitude.
• Excellent team worker.
• Able to effectively time manage and meet deadlines.
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering