Job description / Role
Mark Williams are recruiting at present for an experienced CIO with a background in International Banking for a leading client in Bahrain. As CIO you will be responsible for setting the technology strategy for the bank, for providing reliable, high-quality, cost effective capabilities, and for the delivery of major technology initiatives. Further, responsible for ensuring the full compliance of the Bank’s technology with all regulatory, information security and industry best practices.
As CIO you will participate as an integral and active member in the bank’s executive management team, and is an intimate partner to business and staff groups.
In addition, as CIO you are responsible for managing critical technology vendor relationships, to optimize both performance and efficiency.
- Oversee existing technology infrastructure (networks, applications and computer systems) to ensure, “always on”, service delivery for customers and employees
- Create, maintain, and evaluate clearly understood business performance metrics to assess the gap between desired versus actual outcomes and cost-effectiveness
- Ensure adequate training and support to help employees better utilize technology solutions
- Lead enterprise technology road-map, to provide cost-effective, high-quality solutions and capabilities across the bank
- Provide executive oversite of relationships and management of critical technology service vendors, to ensure high-quality, economic, reliable delivery of services from third parties
- Aggressively manage vendor strategy to create the optimal portfolio of vendors to support bank technology needs
- Lead negotiations with vendors, to ensure the highest value delivery from our technology suppliers
- Oversee the Enterprise Program Management office and provide support for the development and execution of PMO program governance processes to ensure best in class approach to project delivery
- Propose alternative solutions to business problems and opportunities with recommendations on value, costs and risks
- Proactively recommend process enhancements and new solutions to improve business effectiveness and efficiency
- Plan and oversee the implementation of IT related projects and new systems, in collaboration with enterprise Program Management team
- Build credibility and relationships with key business leaders focused around simplifying processes and providing easy access to relevant information
- Ensure a very high quality of customer experience and reliability of products and services
- Design the appropriate IT organization structure
- Coach and develop staff, providing real time feedback; ensure that the responsibilities and accountability of all direct and indirect team members are defined and understood
- Provide guidance to all team members on technical and architectural issues
- Coordinate subordinate employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessment, work assignments, salary, and recognition/disciplinary actions
- Establish effective succession plans for the key members of the IT team
- Develop the IT budget in alignment with the planned initiatives and on-going operational support required for the organization
- Deliver better visibility into how expenses are related to business lines to help management better understand the profitability of each of product
- Partner closely with Chief Information Security Officer, to design and implement effective, reliable, compliant information security infrastructure
- Ensure the effective, comprehensive, ongoing maintenance of all IT infrastructure
- Provide all required Risk & Compliance oversight
- Represent and report on Bank technology strategy and activities to Board, Audit, Compliance and Regulatory bodies
- Develop, manage and periodically test technology continuity plans and strategies, for IT systems, and for vendor BCP plans
- Develop and maintain business recovery plan to ensure timely and effective restoration of IT services in the event of a disaster
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in progressively responsible management and information systems related positions; a leadership position in information technology, preferably with an International bank, managing and delivering complex technology solutions highly desired
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or management with an emphasis on information systems, or equivalent experience is required; advanced degree in related field a plus
- Proven track record as a CIO or VP of IT, with a “hands on “attitude
- A bright and creative mind with highly developed leadership and interpersonal skills, analytical abilities, and superior communication skills
- Honesty and Morals as part of your mindset
- Interpersonal skills to develop and maintain relationships with key business partners and vendors; ability to develop win-win partnerships
- Experience leading, managing, and mentoring a 20+ person IT organization
- Strong leadership skills with an ability to provide clear direction, coach, motivate, and influence others to support corporate goals and objectives
- Excellent knowledge of technology environments, systems architecture, developing or outsourcing applications, data centre technologies, communications, networks, personal technology and security
- Experience with corporate and retail banking solutions is a strong benefit for the role
About the Company
Mark Williams is a Dubai recruitment company with a wealth of Search & Selection experience. Mark Williams International is a subsidiary of the Williams Group UK and in December 2009 set up the Middle East business.
Mark Williams is a fully licensed recruitment firm currently focused on fulfilling clients needs in; Emiratisation, Financial Services and Information Technology related position within the United Arab Emirates. The initial focus was looking at Emiratisation into the Financial Services sector across all seven Emirates. With an increased demand for over the subsequent years for Emiratisation we have broadened our scope to place UAE Nationals into Industry & Government with dedicated teams for Emiratisation into Financial Services and Industry. Given our focus is primarily on the local market it gives us a depth of understanding & knowledge that enables us deliver our business partners an unrivaled service in terms of; speed and most importantly, quality.
Founding the Middle East business in adverse market conditions has enabled us to capture market-share and establish ourselves as a house hold name within our specialisms. Within two years we had outgrown our initial office and moved to the prestigious Business Central Towers in Media City. Mark Williams, at the end of 2014 has completed its third upscaling of operations to Bay Square, Business Bay. This was a strategic move to enable continued business growth by servicing clients and candidates with improved infrastructure, access and parking. Mark Williams provides candidates and clients private meeting rooms, testing facilities and board room access to facilitate screening and interviews. With our current capacity and growth ambitions Mark Williams is now one of the fastest growing Recruitment agencies in the region.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
VP IT Transformation
NSI & Bluefin Talent