Job description / Role
Chief Technology Officer (CTO) role with a large investment management firm based in Bahrain, with operations across the globe. Responsible for overseeing all technical aspects of the company, the CTO is expected to work with the executive management team to grow the company through the use of technological resources.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone from a strong enterprise architecture background in a mature market to come in, bring in best practices and help build the function for the group.
International candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
• Establish the firm's technical vision and lead all aspects of technological development
• Direct the strategic direction, development and future growth
• Work with other department heads, acting as an advisor of technologies that may improve efficiency and effectiveness
• Take the initiative in thought leadership, innovation and creativity
• Spearhead IT projects to increase our market reach
• Oversee all system design and changes in system architecture
• Represent the technological agenda in staff meetings and when making hiring decisions
• Maintain current knowledge of technology landscape and developments
• BS in information technology; preferably MBA/MS in related field
• 12+ years of relevant experience, of which at least 4 years have been in a senior management position (ideally CTO)
• Ability to actively communicate, inspire and motivate at all levels within the organization
• Proven track record of success in leadership positions
• Exceptional project management and organization skills
• Ability to think and act strategically and proactively
About the Company
Robert Walters is one of the world's largest specialist professional recruitment consultancies with 53 offices spanning 24 countries.
We've helped thousands of professionals find permanent, contract and interim roles with leading global corporations, small to medium sized companies and innovative start ups. Our specialist recruitment focus includes: accountancy and finance, banking, engineering, operations, legal, IT, sales, marketing, procurement & logistics, HR and support/administration.