Job description / Role
- Identify business opportunities and secure business to meet and exceed the revenue, volume contribution targets set for the business unit
- Responsible for the business development & marketing strategy implementation, budgets and non-financial targets, attracting customers and ensuring a highly professional relationship to the various decisions makers within the customer’s organisation and various external stakeholders
- Be part of the Commercial team and act as an understudy to the CCO with particular focus on the General Cargo & Landside customer segment of our business
- The position would be responsible for delivering objectives which are assigned to the position from time to time
- Assists in the translation of the Commercial strategy into business targets, budgets and tangible plans.
- Driving business through creating and articulating value propositions by understanding the customers’ business, map existing supply chain and identify opportunities
- Establish and maintain a structured approach to securing business, e.g. through a sales pipeline, transparent pricing policy and sales tariffs
- Develop and maintain professional relationship with customers and decision makers of cargo movements and with key stakeholders in Bahrain/ KSA i.e. Port Authorities / Port Operators /Custom Officials/ Logistic providers/ industrial zones (BIIP, BIW, BLZ etc…)
- Regularly review the competitive scenario in the local market and identify opportunities for future growth potential
- Provides periodic Commercial reports i.e. Customer progress / volume achievement etc
- Post sales activity - Actively engage Customer Service into the customer relationship to ensure customers know relevant contact points in case of service failures.
- Maintains customer data base, with customer and company profile
- Assist in ensuring that a continuous knowledge of industry & market trends are maintained/shared.
- The incumbent will be expected to contribute in making improvements to existing systems, practices & approaches & to assist in influencing productivity issues & working methods to meet customer needs
- Develop a knowledge of the general cargo & container business requirements in order to seek out Commercial opportunities
- Compliance to provisions of the relevant Safety policies & procedures, terminal rules & regulations and contribute to the continual improvement process.
- Develop self, and maintain knowledge in relevant field at all times.
Reporting to: CCO
Desired start date: ASAP
Probation: 3 Months
Working Hours: 8:00 - 17:00
- Commercial Mindset & Understanding of the local market in Bahrain/GCC
- Must have fundamental knowledge of transportation / supply chain industry (Containerization and or General cargo)
- Must be familiar with best practices in the industry, with respect to marketing, sales, and business development.
- Must be able to handle company information with confidentiality and discretion.
University Qualifications: Requires a college degree in business preferably in marketing/ Sales Management/SCM.
Soft Skills and Personality traits:
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills; the ability to meet directly with customers and represent the company in a professional, competent manner.
- Requires good analytical skills, including the ability to extract, compile and analyse data.
- Must be able to prepare PowerPoint presentations.
- Self-motivated, creative and result orientated
- Customer centric mind-set with focus on service orientation. Ability to multi-task, manage challenging deadlines and internal/external stakeholders
- Good communication, negotiation and networking skills & the ability to build relationships with external parties.
- Requires ability to communicate fluently in both English and Arabic
- Must be prepared to travel
Language Fluency: English, Arabic
About the Company
One of the world's largest operators of container terminals.