Job description / Role
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Responsible for developing and maintaining a cost report for the contracted scope of works, including providing a monthly forecast of value of work done on the anticipated final cost during the planning and preparation phase and daily forecast during the execution phase of the projects.
• Manage earned value measurement for accurate forecasting.
• Review supplier and contractor variation claims for correct application of rates and volumes including planned and exception onsite inspection.
• Manage variation process cycle including submission, logging, counter estimates and approvals. Prepare documentation and substantiation for negotiation of variation during execution.
• Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
• Provide "Notification of receipt of contract and instruction to proceed" (Contract review) sheet to operations department.
• Responsible for compilation of suppler tender document and ensure that the document completely mention about the scope of work.
• Include all relevant details in the sub-contractor tender document.
• Review and Approve the tender document.
• Coordinate with QA department in selecting the sub-contractor who are new to company operations and carryout at supplier site location or his own premises along with QA department to verify their feasibility towards meeting company requirements. (where applicable)
• Get approval for new sub-contractor who were not in the list from the client.
• Preparation and Issue of tender documentation.
• Evaluation of tender document to designated projects.
• Award of tender to the sub-contractor after getting clearance from clients and line managers.
• Monitor and review the execution of job by the sub-contractor along with project engineers.
• Analyse financial and operational risks of projects and put forward strategies to counter act these risks.
• Be responsible for all quality assurance to ensure that all projects and put forward strategies to counter act theses risks.
• Attend monthly management meetings and contribute for continual improvement or project requirements.
• Identify the training needs for project commercial team and propose action plans per the company policies and procedures.
• Evaluate the performance of the employees on the provided trainings.
• Responsible to provide guidance and support for his subordinates on technical issues related to the job.
• Responsible to adhere and follow the implanted QHSE policy, objectives procedures.
• Responsible for his own safety and others safety working around him.
• Responsible to have reasonable care towards the environment and contribute in energy savings and waste reduction.
Our client is one of the largest independent, family owned company in the Gulf region. It is one of the most diversified and highly regarded business houses. Our client is looking for a Commercial Manager for their office in Bahrain.
Qualification & Experience
• Commercial / QS background.
• Industry background (Energy).
• Fluency in English.
• Willing to travel to Saudi Arabia and UAE.
• Commercial and Contractual acumen.
• Scope of work across project life cycles.
• Risk Management.
• Experience within energy sector.
• 10 Years business experience.
• 5 Years' experience in GCC.
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering