Job description / Role
Gulf Connexions has an exciting opportunity with one of our financial services clients who are actively searching for a self-starting Compliance Officer to join their Risk and Compliance team in Bahrain. The successful candidate will be reporting directly into the Senior Compliance Manager and will be responsible for effectively managing the organizations' compliance framework, its policies, and procedures as well as assurance monitoring. This role will suit someone looking to enhance their professional career in this function who is looking to contribute to a fast-paced and innovate environment.
• Responsible for identifying, evaluating and managing the bank’s key operational, financial and regulatory risks.
• Providing management with professional and efficient advice on compliance/regulatory related issues as required.
• Maintain an understanding of the regulatory environment in which the bank operates and at all times have a comprehensive understanding of the implications of the regulations.
• Ensure at all times the regulatory and compliance requirements of the organizations are being met.
• Prepare and update policies and procedures whilst ensuring business compliance with existing and new regulations.
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline is required.
• Minimum 3 years or related business experience.
• Previous banking/financial services experience is preferred but not required.
• Legal background is a plus but not required.
• Proven excellence in execution in complex and demanding situations.
• Detail-orientated and organized execution.
• High ethical standards, integrity and commitment to compliance.
• Excellent English and Arabic proficiency are preferential.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Applications will only be considered if you have the relevant experience and your skill set match those required and stipulated within the advert text
About the Company
Gulf Connexions Group is the regions leading specialist recruitment consultancy providing a wealth of local and international expertise and in-depth market intelligence for its blue-chip clients and candidates.
Contact our consultants directly for your specialist recruitment requirements. For candidates searching for job opportunities and requiring informed career advice, Gulf Connexions provides updates on the top positions available across the region.
Headquartered in Bahrain in the heart of central business district, Gulf Connexions maintains offices in Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, Dubai, Hong Kong, Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Singapore, fully equipped with state-of-the-art database technologies. Gulf Connexions has a rigorous screening process for all prospective candidates with interviewing facilities available throughout the region.
Gulf Connexions has the most extensive database of experienced and qualified banking candidates available for regional deployment. Gulf Connexions works closely with the region\'s leading blue chip organizations providing candidates with excellent career path development and unrivaled employment opportunities.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Anti-Money Laundering Investigations Officer