Job description / Role
• Expertise in quantity surveying or Contract Management.
• Strong leadership and decision making ability.
• Ability to deal with people at all levels.
• Planning, Time Management & Organizational Skills.
• Good Work Attitudes (e.g. Polite, Honest, Trustworthy, Courteous, Punctual).
• Proactive and highly motivated.
• Teamwork & Hardworking.
• Strong written and verbal in communication skills in English.
• Problem solving (e.g. Handling of Contractual Disputes, Resourcefulness)
• Strong computer skills, proficient in the use of MS Office particularly Excel Program.
• Ability to work in minimum supervision and able to work under pressure.
• Interpersonal skills, networking, and strong working relationships.
• Have a depth understanding of business knowledge
• Attention to details & strong understanding of agreements
• Possesses superior organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects with shifting deadlines
• This is a key position in the procurement requiring good technical, analytical, competency and familiarity with general marine mechanical, electrical and related techniques and practices.
• The incumbent shall be responsible for the full function of all the day to day activities of the Contracting Department including all documentation pertaining to work, contractors’ invoices, evaluation of tender in coordination with Contract Engineer, dispute among contractors, Divisions and ship manager on ship repair matters.
• To ensure Quality/Environment System are maintained in accordance with recognized working practice and company Quality/Environment System manual and Policy.
• To ensure safe working practices are maintained at all times.
• To ensure an acceptable ISO standards of Quality, Environmental, OHSMS and Security Management System and American Petroleum Institute (API) Q1 are maintained in accordance with recognized working practices and the Company’s QEHS&S Manual and Policy.
• The incumbent shall be fully responsible for the documentation of the job forwarded to the sub-contractors through Production Sector.
• To scrutinize the W.D.D. for adequacy, corrections, specifications, volume of work carried out, etc.
• To report discrepancies in the W.D.D. to the concerned Production Sector and take up the issue with sub-contractor for rectification.
• To check and approve W.D.D. With reference to relevant contractual terms and conditions.
• To liaise and inter-act with other concerned Department within the company on technical matters regarding specifications, nature and scope of work.
• To provide full support and assistance to Procurement Manager in matters of compilation of data and reports, discussion with prospective and existing sub-contractors.
• To communicate and co-ordinate with contractors and concerned Production Sector for smooth performance of contractual obligations.
• To scrutinize and evaluate tenders received for long term service contracts and prepare tender evaluation reports with recommendations (in consultation with Procurement Manager) for management approval.
• To successfully oversee contracts from drafting all the way to execution, contract managers need to be skilled in numerous areas including legal compliance, negotiation, and relationship management.
• Record management to mitigate risk by serving as an audit trail and evidence that is easily accessible.
• Provide advice and guidance to the different teams relating to contract generation
• Maintain excellent working relationships with clients to ensure their needs are met
• Provide support and advice on new potential businesses opportunities
• Identify opportunities to improve business processes and devise plans to implement these changes
• Meet with customers to discuss both legal and business matters
• Monitoring contracts and moving forward with close-out, extension or renewal of contracts
• Graduate from one of Engineering disciplines, preferably Naval Architecture, Mechanical or Marine Engineering,
• Minimum 10 years in handling repair, preferably in Shipyard or Heavy Engineering Industry of repute.
• Demonstrate a solid understanding of legal terminology.
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering
Manager – Contracts & Purchasing
A Leading Real Estate Company in UAE
|Abu Dhabi||30 Aug|
Opus Recruit Middle East
Contracts Manager - Consultancy
Contracts and Commercial Manager - Arabic Speaking