Job description / Role
Our client is the largest domestic multinational expanding their presence in principal international markets. They are currently looking for a Country Operations Manager to be based in their Bahrain Branch.
Duties & Responsibilities
• To formulate Bank’s overall operational strategies aligned to the organization and customer requirement, adhering to local rules/regulations and support stakeholders including business, to achieve the organisation’s objectives
• To direct, control & govern branch operations, treasury back office, Anti Money Laundering, Payment Screening Unit, in a manner that operational risks are mitigated and objectives set out by the management are achieved with economies of scale. Adhere to the regulatory standards set out by Central Bank on branch operations, treasury, PSU, Trade, AML activities. Maintain & improve control frame work.
• Devise and implement strategies and controls for timely plugging of operational gaps / errors in addition to unplugging and reporting of systems’ malfunctions [where applicable] for acquiring resolutions to minimize operational, reputation, financial and informational risks and meet Central Bank regulations
• Work closely with the relevant support departments to ensure high customer satisfaction in branches, ensure timely resolution of customer complaints & queries, evaluate feedback from internal & external customers, monitor all developments in the client business and industry to ensure expectations of all stakeholders are met and support is provided to meet bottom-line numbers.
• Develop and execute centralization of various functions across the region and ensure that standard polices, processes and reporting tools are in place to achieve cost effectiveness, better controls, maximize efficiency, and ensure achievement of the revenue and P&L targets within deadlines
• Lead a diverse functional team, setting objectives, reviewing performance, setting rotation plans, organizational structure and participating in selection/promotion decisions to ensure that staffs have the necessary skills and understanding to deliver the team's objectives.
Qualifications & Experience
• 5 years of solid branch banking operations experience
• Fluency in English. Arabic is a plus
• Good communications skills
• Team player with the ability to communicate and coordinate with multiple parties
• Excellent time management and organizational ability
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering
Operations Manager (Real Estate)
Business Development Manager – Fintech
Operations Business Analyst - Client On-Boarding
Green Gulf Careers
|Abu Dhabi||3 Apr|
Senior Manager - Banking Transformation
Administration / HR Officer