Job description / Role
• Our client is an Islamic investment banks. They are currently looking to recruit a Credit Analyst to be based in Bahrain
Duties & Responsibilities
• The role holder is responsible to assist the director of risk management in all the day-to-day work of risk, including investment risk analysis, reporting, and other assignments.
• Independent analysis of Investment proposals to identify significant sources of fiduciary, operation, reputation, investment and financial risk and reporting of the same to top management and Board for better decision making.
• Recommending risk mitigations in order to mitigate the key risks identified.
• Periodic evaluation of existing investments to highlight the key risks and compare the actual performance vis-à-vis projected performance and identify the key factors for the performance shortfall, if any.
• Assist in developing and implementing a reporting system for Investment Risk Management, and develop metrics and systems for Key Risk and Performance Indicators for individual investments.
• Detailed review of Financial Models, Valuations, validating all the assumptions, ensuring the sanctity of the models used.
• Preparing sensitivity analysis of the investments to various macro-economic and specific investment related factors
• Identifying the scope of due diligences for in-depth understanding of the target companies/projects.
• Assist in implementation, review and reporting of Risk Appetite, ICAAP and Stress Testing framework for the group
• Assist in preparation of detailed Investment Risk report to the ARC and Board.
• Conduct other duties and special project as required by Head of Risk Management.
Qualification & Experience
• Preference will be given to Bahraini National
• (Minimum level of education, professional qualifications, background and years of experience required to do the job).
• Must have experience in valuations
• Must have experience in Credit Analysis
• Must have experience in Investment
• Experience in corporate / financial due diligence
• More than 5 years’ experience in increasingly responsible positions in a credit or closely related function with exposure to credit products control or administration.
• Ability to work with and generate complex spreadsheets and other analytical tools.
• Comfortable and mature in dealing with professional staff, business unit heads, traders, senior management and clients.
• Proficient on MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Explorer, Project).
• Superb interpersonal skills with the ability to instill confidence and build collaborative working relationships.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of Arabic is an added advantage.
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills; able to manage priorities, workflow and own time; strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering