Job description / Role
As a Data Compliance Officer, you will be responsible for ensuring that the firm has the necessary frameworks and processes in place and maintained across our four operational locations, to protect electronic and hard copy personal and sensitive information
- Ensure appropriate processes, documentation and guidance are developed to support ongoing compliance with data protection, in particular in relation to new and current staff and ex-employees, client and partner data, both in electronic and paper copy
- Plan and carry out a programme of data compliance audits
- Support managers and colleagues to implement requirement outcomes from data protection compliance audits
- Devise and deliver a programme of data protection staff training across the organisation.
- Be the first point of contact for enquiries from staff and external stakeholders on data Protection
- Work with the Employability and HR Officer to ensure that current and ex-employee information is stored, archived and disposed of appropriately.
- Be conversant in current policy and practice relating to the relevant regulations
- Devise a robust electronic records and document management structure for the firm’s shared network drive including protocols for creating, editing and accessing files and folders.
- Work closely with colleagues to implement a new structure and oversee the transfer of records and documents to the new structure.
- Provide training and support for all staff in naming and storing documents or records and retention and retrieval.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Excellent attention to detail and project management experience.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to self-manage, prioritise and work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, participants and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook, Word and Excel
- Knowledge of the relevant regulations and current good practice relating to protecting
- personal and sensitive information.
- Experience in a similar role, applying data protection knowledge, advice and guidance
- Attention to detail
- Industry knowledge
- Highly procedural and methodical
- Commitment to the firm’s mission and values - desire to make a difference.
- Team player.
- Conscientious and responsible.
- Ability to support and enthuse others and maintain a professional image.
About the Company
At Candidate we pride ourselves in not only being a team of recruiters but possessing extensive industry experience across our key verticals, which allows us to search and select the right calibre of resource for our clients. With our offices in the UK and Dubai, UAE we have the exposure to the right network which helps us focus on building a portfolio of clients and candidates across our key sectors:
Financial Services FinTech Legal Cyber Healthcare Digital
We like to see ourselves as more than a typical recruitment consultancy. For instance we offer the core services of placing the right candidate for our clients and retained recruitment, in addition to consultancy to advise and build out a client’s needs. Supplying contract resource is an area we are building out to provide further options to our client base. Lastly training is a key focus, as a result of our partnership with Forte Markets we have access to a depth of content and expertise, across our key verticals, rarely seen with a recruiter.