Job description / Role
Based in Bahrain, this is an opportunity to join a well established Family Office as Deputy to the General Manager for the department. The Deputy will play an important role in providing investment analysis and advice in both the origination and deal execution phase as well as the asset management phase of investments in all investment categories. The Deputy will be cover for the General Manager whilst out of Bahrain.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Measuring, monitoring and assessing the below:
• Investment performance giving portfolio analysis
• The risks within investment portfolios working with the Risk Officer
• Portfolio liquidity
• Portfolio leverage
• Contribute to the design of an Investment Policy Statement as part of the wider Governance Framework
• Generation of investment reports, sometimes on an ad hoc basis, for the investment committee, investment committee members and shareholders whilst liaising with third-party providers where necessary.
• Presentation of these reports to relevant stakeholders as required.
• Provide advice on new strategies and investment guidelines.
• Develop strong and collaborative relationships with Investment Managers, and other members of the team.
• Deputise for the General Manager when they are out of Bahrain.
• Must have at least fifteen years work experience of which ten years spent working in investment management
• Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills in order to engage with diverse stakeholders including senior management, portfolio managers, and Family members
• Experience of working for a Family Investment Office
• Experience of working in the GCC / Middle East preferred
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration, or finance
• Chartered Financial Analyst, preferred Master’s degree or recognized professional qualification in accounting, business administration, or finance
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Multi cultural, based in Bahrain
• Must be willing to travel as needed
About the Company
A group of companies in the Gulf region with business activities across the world.