Job description / Role
• Business development to find civil/structural jobs, market study to focus on prospective Clients.
• Formulate and implement strategy of marketing.
• Coordinate and communicate with Client, Project Managers, External Consultants, Specialist Consultants and other relevant external agencies on C&S Projects, in order to ensure quality delivery of Projects on time.
• Provide Managerial direction to Civil & Structural Engineers.
• Resources allotment and assessment (planning).
(The following procedure may be followed for resources planning. Prepare monthly statement showing the current status of available mandays and required mandays, status on forecasted mandays over the next six months. The statement should reflect category of manpower).
Work assignment to staff.
• Ensure timely and adequate completion of all phases of the projects.
• Review Project Programs and deliverables on various projects (in-house and external) that are running concurrently and forecast additional resource requirements and identify possibilities.
• Identify resource requirement and arrange to conduct interview and selection of C&S resources, as and when needed, with prior approval from management.
• Review performance of staff in Civil & Structural Division according to the results achieved.
• Communicate and provide requisite C&S input to bid proposals to HOA, Project Managers, HOC.
• Analysis of operational team structure of C&S Division to ensure suitability with overall company business plans.
• Identify strength of individual staff member. Allocate work compatible to his/her natural inclinations and acquired skills/expertise.
• Arrange for in-house training as appropriate as and when required. Arrange for external training with prior approval of Management, as and when felt required.
• Coordinate with Head of Architecture & Design, Director (MEP), Head of Contracts, Director (Construction Administration), Project Managers for project implementation, resources transfer, policy matters, statutory requirements and other considerations affecting the initial space planning.
• Prepare, plan and monitor leave schedules of all staff of C&S division.
• Formulate criteria for appraisals. Apply same yardstick for grading, prepare and submit appraisals as and when required by the Management.
• Scrutinise and recommend stationery requirement for staff members to secretary cum stationery in-charge.
• Technical contents of all fee proposals on C&S projects to be prepared in consultation with Head of Contracts.
• Provide the basic estimate of manhours and no. of drawings to Head of Contracts.
• Represent or delegate responsibility of representing the company at important meetings, gatherings, seminars in consultation with ED/ MD.
• Rationalise and develop the company standards for details.
• Assist Director (CA) to develop procedural standards for design input in Post Contract supervision jobs.
• Concept design of structural scheme for projects.
• Detail design (drawings and specifications) of civil and structure.
• Arranging Peer Review of all structural details, calculations and design and ensuring compliance by the design team to comments arising out of the peer review.
• Preparation of tender document (C&S part) review/prepare Bill of Quantities, reply to tender queries, preparation of contract document (C&S part).
• Prepare/review cost plan/estimate and keep the project on tract.
• Propose options and alternatives with relative merits and demerits in order to adopt a viable and cost-effective approach.
• Minimum 18 years of experience
• Must have a Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering
• Master’s degree highly preferred
• Experience of large-scale projects in the GCC
• Must be familiar with International Codes
• Lead a team of multi-cultural staff
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering
Head of Construction
A Leading Real Estate Company in UAE
Rider Levett Bucknall
Project Manager - Museum Construction
|Abu Dhabi||11 Jan|
Construction Manager - Site Supervision
SAS Global Consultants
Deputy Project Director