Director of Finance
Job description / Role
Director of Finance - Bahrain
Our client is an academic institution based in Bahrain. They are expanding their workforce and are looking to hire a Director of Finance to oversee all financial activities and contribute to the management's financial, strategic and operational planning.
Our client is an international school that is a part of a renowned global schools group that provides quality education to over 60,000 students. They have a network of over 60 schools spread across globally.
* Ensure all department policies and procedures are followed by all staff members of the school.
* Review and update department policies and procedures periodically.
* Manage day-to-day processing of finance and accounting transactions of the school and summarise financial transactions.
* Prepare and interpret monthly management accounts and annual financial statements, cost data and management reports
* Direct, supervise and ensure that all financial and accounting transactions are posted under the correct accounting heads.
* Prepare and analyze budgets and cash flow projections and be responsible for the school's cash flow management.
* Analyze revenue and expenditure trends and recommend appropriate budget levels and ensure expenditure control
* Prepare comparison between the actual and budgeted reports and provide recommendations for expenditure control in case of significant variances and present the same to the school management.
* Manage all assets (fixed and current) to ensure that neither insufficient nor unnecessary funds are invested in the assets.
* Interact with internal and external auditors in completing audits and ensure necessary documentation for external and internal audit is maintained as required.
* Implement accounting and financial reporting standards and approved systems and procedures.
* Approve journal vouchers and adjustment entries prior it's posting in the ledger.
* Review and shortlist vendors and buyers, payment vouchers, monthly payroll sheet, advance payments for petty cash and review petty cash expense periodically.
* Review monthly reconciliation statements (bank reconciliation, stock reconciliation, vendor reconciliation, physical verification of fixed assets, etc.)
* Manage outsourced operations such as canteen and cafeteria, maintenance, cleaning, security, gardening, sewage and drainage and fire and equipment alarms.
* Liaise with engineers, architects and engage in tendering in case of any infrastructure projects need to be undertaken by the school.
* Review and approve departmental plans and budgets.
* Attend training programmes as set by the school.
The successful candidate for this role will be offered a competitive monthly salary and a chance to work in a successful, agile and diverse team. This is an exciting opportunity for a Finance Director to further progress their career with a leading international school.
Educational Requirements/ Qualifications
* Bachelor/Master's Degree with over 6 years of experience in a finance and accounts function
* Additional professional qualifications such as CA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA or equivalent is an added advantage
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and data base management
* Strong knowledge in Microsoft Excel
* Experience working in a Google environment preferred
Skills and Competencies
* Strong finance and accounting background
* Technical competency with relevant statutory regulations e.g., IFRS, Labor Laws etc.
* Proficiency in budgeting, forecasting and management reporting with proven track records
* Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills with a capacity to manage challenging business stakeholders and a highly motivated team
* Possess critical thinking and analytical skill set
* Strong business acumen, creative mind, ability to take initiative and act independently
* Effective problem solving, decision making and time management skills
* Constant drive for achievement of improved standards of performance and quality
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Powerchina Huadong Engineering Corporation Limited