Job description / Role
- The Director of Sales & Marketing is responsible for planning, directing and coordinating all marketing activities of the hotels, using creative marketing techniques.
- He is also responsible for increasing and maintaining high levels of revenue for the hotels.
- He is responsible for directing the sales efforts, by planning new sales activities and evaluating existing ones each in its turn catering for a specific market segment.
- He is responsible to manage the sales efforts by securing and increasing productivity of the existing accounts and acquiring new ones.
- He is also responsible to develop sales efforts to ensure achieving and exceeding hotel budget, maximizing yield through effective management of the market segment and business mix and increasing & maintaining high levels of revenue for the hotels.
- He is also responsible with his team to achieve and exceed the meeting rooms yearly budget.
- Increasing the average expenditure for guest.
- Increasing the corporate percentage in the sales mix.
- Increasing average room rate to exceed yearly budget.
- Increasing business volume during off-season periods.
Sales & Marketing promotion
- Both Rooms & F&B; promoting FIT; seminars and tour groups business; meeting rooms, cocktail receptions; etc.
- Moreover meeting with concerned department to work on promotion material i.e. flyers to cover the yearly hotel promotion and events.
- Manage, direct, supervise, and administer all personnel within the sales.
- Responsible for budget plan, budget re-forecasting, and set the business mix of the hotel based on market trends demand and previous figures.
- Set Annual sales strategy by segments based on hotel budget plan, objectives and ensures that all monthly actions are being pursued.
- Approaching along with sales team and contracting all potential accounts in 5 KM radius.
- Carry out & set daily target for each sales team including himself of 5 sales calls to major top accounts, while ensuring the coverage according to potential priority in a timely manner.
- Conduct briefing with the sales team to follow up the daily target and the daily account production per sales agent to monitor any loss of business and ensure achieving the target, with reason of any drop in production of account or target, if any.
- Monitor Monthly Production of all accounts production by segment, by sales person with reason of drop if any.
- To ensure follow up within his department and team to increase Hotel awareness in the market.
- Monitor Hotel position in the market share and hotel demand in need period to stress on generating
- Provide relevant data for competitive market benchmarks for economical and political information and to anticipate market trends.
- Regular market intelligence with his sales team to provide market data on continuing basis, to determine the business potential, where come from, how it is influenced, who the completion hotels clients are. Etc.
- Maintain within the community and in neighboring marketing areas, contacts with airlines, travel agents, commercial houses, private clubs, professional associations, etc. to procure new business and repeat business for hotels.
- Ensure developing productive working relationships and ongoing with regional key account manager (KAM)
- Increasing exposure to business opportunities, by heading the sales and marketing daily briefings and arrange marketing activities according to yearly marketing plan and invent new potential activities.
- Responsible for his sales team of promoting & selling the seminars, meeting rooms, and its related monthly/yearly budget, while ensuring the good quality provided to our clients.
- Responsible for submitting the ales team weekly report/plan every Thursday and the Monthly Sales and Marketing report including all monthly activities to GM by latest 3rd of each month.
- Responsible of organizing monthly corporate or leisure events for our accounts or potential ones, to promote the hotel and increase market awareness.
- Ensure and follow up on monthly basis with the sales team that all monthly sales and marketing activities in the yearly marketing plan is accomplished properly and on time with no delay.
- Ensure the daily update of the hotel mailing list (Corporate & Leisure) by instructing his team to provide business card to sales coordinator.
- Ensure & follow up his team that all client requests get a response within maximum 48 hours from receiving the request.
- Attend along with his team all organized events, FAM trip arrival and Orientation.
- Adhere to all sales and marketing policies, procedures, duties and any other duties that can be assigned in the future by the management.
- Follow up daily the attendance of sales team and ensure they all attend on time and they get their first meeting maximum at 10 ASM daily (Except day off)
- Set up appropriate filing systems of existing and potential accounts, keeping up to date and properly categorized. Ensure that all contracts are duly signed and filled properly and distributed to all concern.
- Carry out on the job training for sales team, presentations, and brainstorming to improve their performance.
- All data and contracts will be entered in Accor Data Base (ASA) on monthly basis.
Level of Education
- Others Areas of study
Other Professional experiences
- 3 to 5 years
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.