Job description / Role
Job Description Summary
Systems engineering is a cross-functional engineering discipline centered on an approach, mindset, and process. All activities that consider both the business and the technical needs of the customers with the goal of providing a quality product that meets the users needs. The discipline that executes a robust process of design, creation, and optimization of systems, consisting of identification and quantification of system requirements, creation of alternate system design concepts, performance of design trade studies, selection and implementation of the best designs and verification that the design is properly integrated and executed. Process that proceeds from concept to production to operation. Impacts quality of own work and the work of others on the team. Executes standard operational/technical tasks typically subject to instructions and work routines. There is latitude to rearrange the sequence to complete task/duties based on changing work situations.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Drives units and/or system level functional performance to deliver customer solutions.
- Defines and conducts testing of equipment and/or entire systems, identifying the best testing strategy and measurement system.
- Reports performance with respect to the guaranteed values in accordance with industry codes and standards.
- Participates in the research, design, development, and enhancement of technologies in the areas of performance, operability, and cost optimization.
- Can include delivery of customer solutions that properly balance cost and benefit (including architecture, key design trade-offs, flow-down of requirements and flow-up of capability).
- Broadening knowledge of own technical discipline to execute policy/strategy.
- May include support roles with specialized technical field of knowledge; still acquiring higher level knowledge and skills.
- Basic understanding of key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work.
- Good understanding of how work of own team integrates with other teams and contributes to the area.
- May have some autonomy to make decisions within a defined framework.
- Resolves issues in situations that require good technical knowledge and judgment within established procedures.
- Consults more senior team members for issues outside of defined instructions/parameters.
- A job at this level requires good interpersonal skills and may be required to lead a junior team.
- For customer facing roles, develops strong customer relationships and serves as the interface between customer and GE. Explains technical information to others.
- A Bachelors degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 3 years of experience in an engineering capacity, preferably in Power Plants and Utilities.
- Ability to travel extensively in support of global assignments (50% of the year)
- Fluent in English
- Strong understanding of thermodynamics and thermodynamic cycles as they relate to gas turbines.
- Prior experience in gas turbine performance testing and analysis
- Training or proficiency in gas turbine and thermodynamics.
- Experience with modeling and analysis programs for gas turbines.
- Advanced degree in Engineering.
- Proficient in the use of computers and PC software.
- Excellent communications skills - both verbal and written. Arabic/French is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills - self starter
- Customer focused; Team focused
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.