Job description / Role
To provide support by managing activities and facilitating effective interactions with both internal and external parties.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Develops appropriate policies and procedures for the dept.
• Manages the Department Head’s diary and accompanies him on business meetings when required.
• Assists the Department Head in preparing for business meetings with activities such as reviewing and annotating documentation in advance and analyzing content in order to ensure that all relevant information is fully prepared
• Prepares and produces high quality reports, presentations, materials and speeches for the Department Head if required
• Ensures follow through on Department Head’s instructions to senior management team
• Manages the day to day administration activities of the Department
• Plans and manages all key meetings involving the Department Head such as meeting preparations, agenda, minutes and venue set up
• Follows up with all concerned staff regarding outstanding actions and ensures they are completed in a timely manner
• Screens incoming information and communications, and passes them to the Department Head whenever applicable, accompanying them with notes and reference materials
• Prepares and/or coordinates production of summary reports, papers, and presentations for the Department Head as required in order to support efficiency and informed decision-making
• Coordinates ad hoc projects
• Facilitates efficient communications between the Department Head and the team, passing information and ensuring continuous contact between both
• Undertakes special assignments/tasks as may be required and directed by the Department Head
• Provides historical reference of incoming and outgoing correspondence by defining procedures for retention, retrieval and disposal of records
• Supports internal departments in correspondences signed on behalf of the Department Head
• Maintains an updated database of clients/visitors/guests of the Department Head
• Keeps a database of all Government entities and their key personnel
• Provides on job training and coaching to successors on technical and leadership aspects
• Distributes work between employees and manages workload
• Advises on a deputy to handle the job’s requirements in case of absence or if the need arises
• Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, secretarial diploma
• Minimum five to seven years of work experience in related fields.
• Communication skills
• Adaptability and flexibility
• Project management
• Manage Complexity
• Time Management
• Proficiency in English & Arabic (written / spoken)
About the Company
The Economic Development Board (EDB) is a dynamic public agency with an overall responsibility for formulating and overseeing the economic development strategy of Bahrain, and for creating the right climate to attract direct investment into the Kingdom. The role of the EDB is to provide leadership by uniting all of the Kingdom's shareholders through a unified vision, and to develop key strategies for growth. The EDB also acts as a facilitator, helping all of Bahrain's stakeholders to understand and adopt the changes necessary for progress. In addition, the EDB provides sound project management to ensure that all agreed reform initiatives are implemented in an effective and timely manner.
Team Administrator / Personal Assistant
|Abu Dhabi||14 Sep|
A Leading Insurance Broker In The Middle East
Client Relations Manager
A Leading Company In Bahrain
Big Fish Recruitment