Job description / Role
- Responsible for direct supervision of all employees engaged in the operation of the kitchen.
- Strives to maintain good labor relations. Observes legal requirements as to hygiene and labor department.
- To be fully aware of the job description of each associate under their position and that associates perform their duties according to the prescribed job descriptions.
- Creates, produces and showcases new menus and menu ideas to promote and improve the culinary arts as well as meeting seasonal demands
- Analysis of daily food sales, butcher’s shop reconciliation’s, food costs and other operational expenses.
- Responsible for the payroll and food cost forecasted in the Financial budget is realized.
- Suggests profit improvement ideas.
- Prepares a timesheet and the daily personnel reports.
- Hires, trains, disciplines and terminates personnel as necessary in co-corporation with General Manager.
- Maintain a clean and safe kitchen, coordinating his efforts with Restaurant Manager
- Inspects food stores refrigerators and suggests proper storage to avoid spoilage and ensure a regular turnover of food items.
- Ensure that every member of his team are polite and courteous to the guests, management and his fellow workers and behave most appropriately at all times.
- Ensure that each member of his staff holds a valid Health Certificate.
- 2-3 years as Executive Chef experience
- Experience in 5* hotel or stand-alone restaurant
- Knowledge of International Cuisine
- Available Immediately
- Should be certified
- Must have relevant experience
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering