Job description / Role
- Ensures the highest level of maintenance, readiness and repair of terminal facilities and infrastructure.
- Manages leads and develops the facilities team to ensure continuous improvement of the team.
- Supports the EMR GM on developing the EMR department and department talents
- Provides the operating direction for the Facilities Section.
- Guides supervisors in resolving obstacles so that goals can be met.
- Ensures good communications between EMR and other departments.
- Ensures good communications throughout Maintenance group and their group interactions so that activities are running smoothly on a regular basis.
- Holds staff meetings with supervisors and technicians on daily facilities works and maintenance contracts.
- Distributes information memorandums on current issues.
- Practices management “by walking around” to observe and obtain feedback about conditions, issues, and general environment.
- Provides reliable service to other department ensuring facilities are in a state of readiness, well-maintained, and that all steps are taken in preventative maintenance and parts availability.
- Monitors productivity levels to ensure efficient maintenance operations.
- Ensures the purchase of appropriate parts/equipment/materials for maintaining facilities and technical services.
- Ensures all facilities and infrastructure are maintained at the highest level of technical vendor standards in a cost effective manner.
- Ensures safety, health and environmental standards are met throughout the operation.
- Ensures all accidents/injuries are investigated thoroughly and reviews them with the management team.
- Reviews all environmental issues (i.e., oil spills, pollution, etc.) with appropriate personnel.
- Works closely with HSSE dept to ensure safety policies, rules, and regulations are reviewed, revised, issued and posted on an on-going basis.
- Ensures that company policies overall are applied consistently and fairly within EMR
- Ensures maintenance staff is familiar with company policies.
- Provides supervision and direction for the Department.
- Provides direction and instruction to subordinate staff, providing regular feedback and regular appraisals.
- Follows company management policies and procedures in the application of managing subordinates.
- Participates in career plan development for subordinates.
- Ensures appropriate technical training is provided for various levels of staff. Reviews periodically the training schedule and changing needs of the group.
- Maintains up-to-date information and knowledge on new developments in the area of facilities management and maintenance requirements. Seeks out best practices within the industry and internationally to ensure continuous improvement within the organization.
- Reviews and approves instructions regarding maintenance systems and procedures.
- Observe provisions of the labour regulations, relevant HSSE policy & procedures, terminal rules & procedures and contribute to the continual improvement process.
Reporting to: GM Techical Services
Subordinates: Facilities Engineer
Desired start date: Immediate
Probation: 3 months
Requires bachelor’s degree in engineering, preferably in electrical field. Some experience in civil works is a plus.
Soft Skills and Personality traits:
- Must be able to demonstrate leadership and influencing skills.
- Must be able to exercise good judgment in order to set priorities.
- Requires excellent supervisory skills, including planning, organizing, and directing work.
- Requires intermediate verbal and written communications skills in English, in addition to effective interpersonal skills.
- Requires exceptional time management, due to fast-moving, demanding work environment.
- Must be able to use a desktop computer with ease of MS Office software applications.
Nature and length of previous experience:
Requires at least five to seven years of general supervisory experience in facilities or construction field. Must have experience in maintenance and repair of facilities along with relevant qualifications and experience in medium voltage (66Kva).
- Technical knowledge in electrical, especially general maintenance of medium voltage installations. (66Kva)
- Must have knowledge of general supervisory principles.
Nationality Preference: Bahraini
Language Fluency: English and Arabic
About the Company
One of the world's largest operators of container terminals.
PSR Solutions International
|Abu Dhabi||4 Jan|
Senior Facilities Manager (Client Relations)
Dubai Properties (DP)
Facility Manager - New Role
Randstad Middle East