Job description / Role
• My client is a Design Office in Bahrain specialized in high end residential projects. We pride ourselves in being able to adapt to projects and to the client's need.
Essential requirements and Role Outline
• University Qualifications: Engineering
• Nature and length of previous experience: Honeywell system (XL-Web -2 / CPO ) programming and commissioning independently
• Age Range: NA
• Gender Preference: NA
• Nationality Preference: NA
• Language Fluency: Fluent English
• Current Location: UAE
• Highly motivated, committed, team playing all round FF&E Designer and Stylist, with strong resources and industry network.
• The successful person will work on exclusive high end luxury residential projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Working to a written or verbal brief, which details how each individual space will be designed and used
• Managing FF&E projects efficiently, within schedule and within budget in close cooperation with the Senior Interior Designer and Head of Group as a member of project team.
• Working with the in-house design team on live projects.
• Preparation of concepts, mood boards, preliminary and final designs, and development of details, furniture, fixtures and lighting layout.
• Ability to coordinate and review FF&E shop drawings and materials samples
• Organization of workflow with colleagues, design team and specifications writers
• Developing detailed designs and choosing materials
• Working closely with purchasing manager on procurement of FF&E products
• Working closely with the Senior Interior Designer and Head of Group, you will be expected to be innovative, proactive and attend networking events within the industry
• Visibility with suppliers and site presence at close of handover
• Building and growing existing client relationships
• Keeping up to trend with industry exhibitions fairs and news of innovative materials, products and design
Qualifications and Experience:
• Thrives in a fast-paced work environment, working on high end luxury residential projects.
• Interior styling Skills & Experience is essential
• Producing furniture packages and spatial layouts using AutoCAD
• Proven background of FF&E sourcing, design knowledge and procurement
• Managing projects across all stages where FF&E is required
• Budget management experience and reporting
• Coordinating with the purchasing manager for suppliers and liaising with contractors
• Coordinating On-site installation after the main works package is complete
• Ability to run FF&E projects independently from concept to completion
• Strong spatial layout skills and Strong styling skills
• Strong supplier knowledge and Knowledge of ‘off-the-shelf’ suppliers
• Knowledge of key trends
• Experience in procurement
• Proficiency in AutoCAD and Photoshop
• minimum of 10 years working experience in high end luxury residential design projects as FF&E Designer
• Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Interior Architecture or Interior Design
• Strong technical and detailing abilities
• Ability to conceptualise quickly in the form of hand sketches
• Ability to communicate and liaise confidently with in-house design, site and project teams; contractors; sub-contractors and suppliers
• Proven working knowledge of Interior Architecture and Design (materials, finishes, detailing and scheduling) from luxury new build residential to luxury fit out projects
• Proven experience in dealing with clients, and client representatives, contractors and other suppliers in a highly professional manner
• Ability to create and develop conceptual designs including the skill of using colour and texture, and the ability to explain these to others technically and clearly
• Ability to advise on all technical aspects of a FF&E in the design project
• Proven experience in AutoCAD, Photoshop, Excel, Estimate and other industry software packages would all be advantageous
• Self-motivated, and a proactive team player who is able to work quickly and efficiently in an organised manner
• Self-confident, receptive to constructive feedback and able to cope with positive criticism of your work
• Ability to manage time and workflow of projects efficiently
• Excellent communication skills including verbal, written and visual
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Proficiency in spec writing programs is advantageous
• The role requires a friendly, bright and eloquent person who is capable of working in a highly experienced team of designers and support team.
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering