Job description / Role
Business Partnering and Performance Management
The individual will provide support to the Head of PM & BS with managing deliverables such as month end closing, forecasts, budgets, CLT packs, ALCO packs and regional reports.
* Production of MIS on the right metrics on costs and revenues as directed by Head of PM & BS management in line with country and regional initiatives.
* Provide Country Shared Support managers with sharper data and insights to support decision making with transparency on cost drivers to deliver the right expense management behaviour.
* Forecasting, budgeting and monthly review of support functions cost.
* To assist support functions (HR, Property, ITO, Corporate Affairs, Audit etc.) and Other banking to monitor and control the costs and support budget and forecast preparation.
* Production of monthly management accounts in line with Group reporting instructions.
* It entails knowledge of Group Accounting Policies and Management Accounting Policies.
Balance sheet management
Collaborate with Head of PM & BS, ALM, MCTR the Business and Regional Treasurer on the following:-
* Country's structural limits
* Liquidity and Capital management initiatives including back testing of liquidity assumptions
* Daily balance sheet review
* Support Group Treasury initiatives on balance sheet management to meet PRA requirements.
* Work with GIA on closing out any audit issues emanating from Audits.
* Work with Group Treasury/MCTR on any ALCO / Balance Sheet initiatives on mandatory projects.
* Work with "Finance Manager, Reg. Reporting & BSM" on yearly review of balance sheet manual and FTP policy.
* Continuous Improvement of the function's operating environment
* Assist Head of PM & BS in driving the development and implementation of re-engineering initiatives, including Finance Transformation.
* Improve processes and ensure consistency in the timeliness & quality of the deliverables to Group.
* To support my line manager on ORF related activity and comply with the Operational Risk Management Framework (ORMF)
* To lead and manage the implementation of the Financial Control Policies under existing role is supported for.
* To assist in maintaining an effective controls environment ensuring that all financial control requirements are met with zero tolerance.
* To implement and promote a culture that encourages completeness, quality, confirmation and evidence of reconciliations, and ensures that adequate escalation procedures are in place
* To ensure the robustness and integrity of the General Ledger of the Bank with complete balance sheet substantiation controls over sundry, suspense, accrual and project accounts and Transaction Processing system reconciliations
* Constant monitoring of Financial Control exceptions and following up on corrective actions to maintain an effective Financial Control environment
* KRI/KCSA performing as a RP.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
* Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
* Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
* Lead the [Bahrain / DBU & OBU Bahrain / Finance / Performance & Balance sheet management team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: [Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; ]
* Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
* Certifications / Professional Education / Masters in accounting are required.
About the Company
Standard Chartered Bank started in 1958 in UAE with its first branch in Sharjah. The Group’s business gradually increased in Dubai with the opening of several branches and today, Dubai is the administrative hub of the Middle East and South Asia Region. In its 43rd year, the Bank enjoys the position of having the most extensive branch network among foreign international banks in UAE with 10 branches emirate-wide.
Standard Chartered is an international bank, focused on the established and emerging markets of Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Latin America with an extensive global network of more than 600 offices in over 50 countries. The three principal business groups are Global Markets, Personal Banking and Corporate and Institutional Banking.
In UAE, we are one of the leading banks, offering an extensive range of products and services for personal customers, local companies, multinational corporate and financial institutions.