Job description / Role
* Refocusing for a stronger Finance: Streamline how we operate and ease workload while also reducing cost. We continue to refocus the function, seeking opportunities to eliminate complexity and duplication in our services and ensure we align our resources more closely with the businesses.
* Awareness and understanding of regulatory, financials reports in which the branch operates as well as Group Business Expenditure Standard and procedures Processes
The job purpose is primarily as below:
* Responsible for Regulatory Reporting for Finance
* Facilitate / coordinate expense processing done at R2P GBS,
* Facilitate / coordinate expense processing in country
* Assist cost management in Bahrain through effective financial business support to the Finance Manager /.
* Provide effective financial support to other finance customers like Statutory Auditors, Group Auditors Local Regulators, Other Support Functions, etc.
* Maintain an effective control environment ensuring that all regulatory and financial control requirements are met.
* Ensure compliance and implementation of Group standards and policies as also local regulatory policies impacting Finance.
* It involves effective financial support to key finance customers - Group and Regional Finance, GBS and Tax
* Be a value-added, professional and cost-effective finance service provider to all interested parties, within and outside the Bank.
Financial and Regulatory Reporting & Accounts Payable activities
* Prepare regulatory returns in accordance with the CBB guidelines.
* Confirm the accuracy, perform a variance analysis with the previous submission and ensure that all returns are submitted by the due dates.
* Liaise with CBB on Regulatory matters relating to Finance.
* Maintain adequate documentation in respect of regulatory returns.
* Ensure adherence to the Cash Reserve requirement guidelines. To advise Treasury Markets of any increase / decrease monthly and the advice entries for the same on the first day of the month.
* Manage the delivery of ad hoc information requests and any other aspects of information delivery.
* Ensure accurate and timely Financial Reporting to Group Finance, Statutory Reporting to Local Regulators, Annual Financials to KPMG / Local Regulators.
* Ensure compliance and implementation of Group accounting policies and standards, including IFRS.
* Coordinate with business finance to get quality analysis of results and financials: income, cost, debt charge, yields and balance sheet.
* Drive the improvement of processes regarding the above with a view to enhancing cost effectiveness, efficiency, accuracy and integrity of the numbers reported and analysed.
* Facilitate / co-ordinate expense processing done at R2P in GBS and expense processed in country. In line with the Group Business Expenditure Standard and Procedure as well as Group Delegated Authorities.
* Ensure adherence to Group Delegated Authorities.
* Ensure that the invoices are VAT compliant to optimize the efficiency and facilitate accuracy in expense processing at GBS and in country.
* Maintain a proper filing system for expenses.
* Ensure controls for manual payments process
* Certifications / Professional Education/Qualifications in accounting are required.
* Relevant years of experience in similar or relevant role.
About the Company
Standard Chartered Bank started in 1958 in UAE with its first branch in Sharjah. The Group’s business gradually increased in Dubai with the opening of several branches and today, Dubai is the administrative hub of the Middle East and South Asia Region. In its 43rd year, the Bank enjoys the position of having the most extensive branch network among foreign international banks in UAE with 10 branches emirate-wide.
Standard Chartered is an international bank, focused on the established and emerging markets of Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Latin America with an extensive global network of more than 600 offices in over 50 countries. The three principal business groups are Global Markets, Personal Banking and Corporate and Institutional Banking.
In UAE, we are one of the leading banks, offering an extensive range of products and services for personal customers, local companies, multinational corporate and financial institutions.