Job description / Role
The Director of Finance is responsible for all accounting and financial requirements of the company, also for providing financial support, advice and expertise to the Owner, Director, Management and hotel team, with the aim of maximizing value. The main responsibilities of a Director of Finance are managing the accounting records and financial reports, providing an effective control, developing best practice financial accounting and control procedures, supporting, advising and developing his/her team.
• Supervise all accounting functions.
• Prepare the financial documents within the time frames supplied in the closing schedule and according to the Company Policies and Procedures, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, and the Uniform System of Accounts.
• Analyze and interpret financial results in order to assist and advise the Owner, Director and GM.
• On a monthly basis, maintain balance sheet analysis with full supporting detail and prepare accurate forecasts and cash flow statements upon request.
• Prepare timely and accurate sales, use, and occupancy tax returns as well as any other external reports or returns as deemed necessary.
• Ensure successful treasury cash management, compliance with the management agreement and attendant legal documents.
• Ensure integrity and efficiency of computerized data processing functions.
• Ensure all financial reports, budgets, forecasts, and other information required by the company are accurately compiled and submitted within the specified time limits, identifying variances, and making recommendations for improvements as appropriate.
• Review forecasts and budgets prepared by management teams to make sure owners, director and GM are provided with guidelines of performance that are both reasonable and achievable.
• Ensure all legal, treasury, and tax documentation is properly maintained and secured, and that all statutory and fiscal reporting requirements are satisfied, which includes any governmental requirements for permits and licenses.
• Ensure adequate controls are installed and maintained for the protection of the property's assets against loss or misappropriation.
• Coach department heads regarding their financial responsibilities and effective financial management techniques.
• Continuously monitor economic, social, and governmental trends and policies to ensure that management is kept fully apprised of any implications that may affect the performance of the hotel or restaurant in meeting its financial objectives.
• Reporting to: Director of Hospitality & Owner
• Number required: 1
• Duration: 2 Year Contract
• Desired start date: Immediate
• Probation: 3 Months
• Working Hours: Saturday - Thursday (8hrs per day)
• Travel requirements: Occasional
• Gross monthly base salary: BHD 2,000 (All Inclusive)
• Other Benefits: Airline Ticket to Employee every two years / Medical Insurance for employee
BHD 1,800 to 2,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Business Studies is required, Master's degree and/or CPA is a plus.
• 2 to 3 years of Director level experience in hospitality finance is preferred.
• Well organized, detail oriented with excellent communication skills.
• Ability to work under time pressures and extensive hours.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, current on technology expertise and know-how.
• Excellent financial modeling, project management, and critical thinking skills with a strong work ethic.
About the Company
Edara Consultancy is a company that offers top tier Human Resources and Administration outsourcing solutions and provide companies and business owners an alternative choice for managing their Human Resources function.
In a globalized and competitive market as well as the ever growing local and international regulations, the demand for HR services whether on a basic or sophisticated level has become compulsory. Edara consultancy was established to address these needs and provide business owners flexible options by choosing the service that best fits their business.