Job description / Role
Our client, an international school based in Bahrain is looking to hire a Finance Director to lead their finance department.
Our client is a leading international school that is based in Bahrain.
* Monitor day to day accounting and finance transactions of the school
* Preparation of financial statements and management reports
* Maintain accounting control and ensure that all transactions are posted under correct accounting heads
* Ensure the accuracy of accounts receivables and payables
* Develop budgets and monitor cash flow for the school
* Analyze the expenditure trends & revenue and provide recommendations to maintain expenditure control
* Analyze variances in budgets vs actuals and provide reports to the management
* Liaise with internal and external auditors and ensure that accurate documentation is maintained for audit purposes
* Approve grace period extensions for students with respect to payment of fees
* Review and approve payments for petty cash and review the expenditure periodically
* Provide recommendations for process improvements
* Ensure that school policies and procedures are adhered to by all staff members
* Business partner with the operations, marketing and team of teachers/ principal regarding building new projects
* Manage outsourced operations such as maintenance, cleaning, school security, drainage, fire alarms etc.
* Supervise and approve departmental budgets
The successful candidate will be offered an attractive monthly pay along with incentives. This is an exciting opportunity to work for a growing International School based in Bahrain.
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Finance & Accounting or related; professional accounting qualifications such as ACCA, CIMA, CPA, CA or equivalent is an added advantage
* Minimum 7 years of experience in a Finance and accounts function
* Experience in the education sector is a plus
* Strong leadership skills and track record of team management
* Strong business acumen
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.