Job description / Role
Our client is the largest domestic multinational expanding their presence in principal international markets. They are currently looking for a Finance officer to be based in their Bahrain Branch.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• To assist Financial Controller in preparing the Financial Statements timely and duly complied with the frame work of international Accounting Standards (IAS) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
• To assist Financial Controller in preparing and managing an effective management reporting and prepare all management reports with in the deadlines accurately and timely for senior management and Regional Offices and Head office for an effective decision making.
• To assist Financial Controller in preparing and reviewing various information, returns and reports required by the Central Bank of Bahrain periodically in order to safe guard bank from any penalties and reputational risk
• Assist in implementing new accounting standards as and when applicable.
• Provide support to the financial controller in complying with the VAT related requirements
• To assist Financial Controller in budgeting exercise. Highlight and review and discuss variances with the respective business heads in order to ensure proper budgeting has been prepared by the Business Head.
• Review variance analysis of budget verses actual figures and inquire justifications for the same in order to have an effective monitoring mechanism
• Ensure accurate information is provided to Internal, External Auditors and Regulators on a timely basis, and take appropriate measure to address risk highlighted by them in order to safeguard bank’s interest.
• Ensure to have an effective communication channel with internal as well as external stakeholders in order to resolve various issues appropriately and promptly in the best interest of the Bank.
• Responsible for implementing account ownership and reconciliation process to strengthen the overall controls over financial reporting
Qualifications & Responsibilities:
• Associated Certified Chartered Accountant (ACCA) or MBA Finance
• Relevant banking experience of 3 years
• Advanced Excel/MS Office skills.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
National Marine Dredging Company
Assistant Manager - Accounting and Finance
Human Capital House
Senior Accountant - Treasury
Green Gulf Careers