Job description / Role
Job Title: General Manager - Automotive Division
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Performs the General Manager’s position for all Departments of the Division (Sales, Parts, Service, Accounts, Administration, Machinery and Equipment).
• Develops a strategic business plan for the progress of these Departments and present annual budgets detailing the performance for each of them.
• Carry’s out Quarterly appraisals of Managers. Also, monitors, oversees, and reviews appraisals for all other staff, prepared by respective Department Heads.
• Prepares and provides a complete comprehensive organizational chart for the division and fulfills the requirements with professional well-trained staff.
• Continuously improves the efficiency and performance of the divisional staff through up-to-date training with continued guidance and monitoring.
• Develops a comprehensive and detailed advertising plan and follows up regularly, whether through media firms or directly.
• Follows up with Department Managers for daily business activities concerning their operations and ensure smooth work flow in these Departments.
• Monitors and supervises the performance of these Departments on a regular basis and report on a monthly basis the progress of these Departments in comparison to their budgets.
• Expedites and supervises the sales process of any excess spare stocks or elapsed model year vehicles over stock spare parts.
• Attends to large fleet customers, corporate accounts and government agencies in tendering as well as After Sales Service and Complaints.
• Achieves the targeted market share and profitability figures set by the Board of Directors.
• Manages new complex developments, achieves efficient operations and finalizes warrantee projects and monitor its progress, subsequently.
• Expands the business by establishment of new sales, service and /or parts outlets.
• Utilizes the existing customer’s database, creates a similar database for other markets in order to maintain continuous contact with the customers.
• Attends to customers’ complaints at all times whether by phone, in person or in writing, in order to maintain excellent customer’s satisfaction level.
• Follows up new car brands with overseas principals and maintains good business relationship, in addition to developing and creating new ventures with other manufactures in the field of operation.
• Protects the interest of the division, maintains the confidentiality and safeguards the image of the business in all aspect of its operations.
• Ensures compliance of processes and operational standards to the laws of the Kingdom of Bahrain, the Group Policy, the Division Policy and the standards of the principals represented by the employing division.
• Ensures continuous updating of system and process for effective business prospecting, sales and after sales, staffing, customer and relations management.
• Facilitates weekly meetings with department managers to evaluate operational progress and improvement.
Qualification & Requirements:
• Must have 10-15 years’ experience preferably in GCC countries in Motor Trade industry.
• Strategic planning and execution of projects experience.
• M.B.A. or equivalent.
• Must possess proficient written, verbal and spoken communication skills.
• Fluent in English (Speaking, writing, listing & understanding)
• Ability to develop financial plans and manages resources.
• Aptitude to re-engineer operations and procedures.
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Chief Operations Officer - COO - Multidiscipline, Retail, Construction, Hospitality
Robinson Faris Jones - Human Resources (RFJ-HR)
Strategy and Operations Director
|Saudi Arabia||29 Apr|
Head of Business Development
Sales / Commercial Director (Heavy Machinery)