Job description / Role
Our client is a leading financial foreign exchange company. They are currently looking for Group Risk Manager to be based in Bahrain.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Promote an enterprise-wide-risk management competence throughout the Group, including facilitating the development of risk management culture, common risk language,and technical risk management expertise.
• Establish enterprise-wide-risk management policies, which define roles and responsibilities; framing authority and accountability toward these policies.
• Develop policies, plans, procedures, systems and other disciplines to be used to minimize, mitigate, and limit the risks associated with the exposures identified in line with the Group’s overall risk management policy.
• Review all policies and procedures from controls and risk point of view to ensure their soundness.
• Perform Group-wide risk oversight across the full spectrum of the Group’s activities to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations and conformity with the accepted risk management practices.
• Enhance and align processes to identify, measure and report all relevant risks facing the Group to ensure comprehensive assessment of risks.
• Determine relevant risks and consider their implications and ensure effective controls are in place to mitigate each of the identified risks considering its impact and likelihood.
• Develop and maintain a Risk and Control Self-Assessment framework which provides for the identification of inherent risks, mitigating controls, and residual risks.
• Quantify probability and severity of the impact of inherent and residual risks, to identify those risks for which further mitigation (if possible) is necessary and to recommend (in collaboration with risk owners and internal audit) suitable control enhancements.
• Monitor operational risks by maintaining operational risk database for all Group entities, and disseminate monthly reports/updates to Group Management.
• Establish practical controlling processes and assign accountability for managing risks within agreed boundaries.
• Maintain effectiveness of controlling processes and foster continuous improvement, and review controls on a regular basis to appropriately address any new or previously uncontrolled risk.
• Assist the Group Head of Risk & Compliance, the CEO and the Board of Directors in implementing risk appetite/tolerance, risk profile and risk management strategies and policies.
• Report to Senior Management on control lapses, exceptions and corrective actions needed to progress thereon.
• Respond to any other engagement requested by the Group ARCC or CEO, to ensure the adequacy and effectiveness of risk management and general control framework within the Group.
Qualifications & Experience
• You should have a minimum of 7 years
• Must have in-depth knowledge of different regulatory environments
• Bachelor degree
• Relevant professional qualification (IRM, FRM, PRM or relevant)
• Excellent communication skills
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Head of Compliance and MLRO