Job description / Role
- To fully read, understand and implement all the hotel policies and related procedures included in the employee hand book with no deviation.
- To report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name tag ensuring a professional appearance & grooming standards with a respectable proper attitude.
- To live and breathe Sofitel values at all times.
- To provide a courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service at all times, following Sofitel Zallaq Standards of Performance.
- To adhere to the hotel safety, security and emergency policies and procedures.
- To be fully conversant with all services and facilities offered by the hotel and being aware of all activities and events taking place in the hotel.
- To be aware of all VIPs visiting or staying in the hotel.
- Maintain the cleanness of the work place, front and back areas at all times.
- Striving to maintain and keep the hotel equipment and assets in an excellent condition.
- Handover shifts properly and to ensure that no pending correspondence / issues are to be left unattended without follow up.
- Records all guests' requests and all pending matters in the log and following it up to ensure they are handled and related action was taken properly .
- Checking business mail regularly within the shift and respond accordingly.
- Keep business mail strictly for business purposes only and follow E-mail etiquette and standards when sending or receiving mails.
- Reporting any problems, issues or guest disturbance immediately to the in charge to take proper action and to follow up with the guest to ensure guest satisfaction.
- To handle guest complaints in a professional manner, by owning it, working on a satisfactory resolution, to call a Supervisor / Senior Manager to handle if required.
- Communicate very well with the other team members to ensure the harmony and consistency of service & maintain good working relationships with colleagues and all other departments.
- To be entirely flexible and be able to be rotated within the different sub departments of the Rooms Division as assigned and to positively accept any changes within the department in light of business demands
- To be flexible with changes in scheduling and shift timings according to business needs.
- To attend shift briefings, training and meetings as and when required.
- To carry out all responsibilities listed in the job description with utmost efficiency and dedication.
- Level of Education Secondary professional education Areas of study Communication
- 1 to 2 years
- French (Working level)
Essential and optional requirements
- Provides a warm welcome and assists guests according to Sofitel Brand Standards.
- Remains observant and responds to each guest who approaches the Hotel entrance and touring the main lobby.
- Ensures that the lobby area is maintained according to our Sofitel standards included but not limited to maintaining the overall appearance of lobby areas, monitoring, appropriate lighting, music and scent.
- Support the concierge desk/ front desk when needed.
- Be familiar with the VIPs procedures and with all regular guests and their requirements.
- Alert the Guest Relation Supervisor/ Manager or a senior member of Front Office Management or the relevant Department to any problems that may occur during a shift.
- Pre arrange all the requirements needed prior to VIP arrival and conduct full rooms inspection before guest arrival to ensure preferences are met and quality of service delivered.
- Escort VIP arriving/check-in guests to the reception/ front desk and to their rooms or suites.
- Responds to all guest inquires, maintaining high quality of service throughout the hotel with efficiency.
- Demonstrate good listening skills when encountering any guest complaints and take responsibility to either resolve their issue and direct them to a manager.
- Handles guests' inquiries and complaints and ensures that they are resolved quickly, courteously, professionally and to the guests' total satisfaction.
- Promote a fun/ professional and disciplined work environment
- Complete assigned tasks in an efficient timely manner
- Maintain instant presence in the hotel lobby.
- Conduct show around for hotel visitors / guests.
- Power Point
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.