Job description / Role
Basic Job Responsibilities
- To fully read, understand and implement all the hotel policies and related procedures included in the employee hand book with no deviation.
- To report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name tag ensuring a professional appearance & grooming standards with a respectable proper attitude.
- To live and breathe Sofitel values at all times.
- To provide a courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service at all times, following Sofitel Zallaq Standards of Performance.
- To adhere to the hotel safety, security and emergency policies and procedures.
- To be fully conversant with all services and facilities offered by the hotel and being aware of all activities and events taking place in the hotel.
- To be aware of all VIPs visiting or staying in the hotel.
- Maintain the cleanness of the work place, front and back areas at all times.
- Striving to maintain and keep the hotel equipment and assets in an excellent condition.
- Handover shifts properly and to ensure that no pending correspondence / issues are to be left unattended without follow up.
- Records all guests' requests and all pending matters in the log and following it up to ensure they are handled and related action was taken properly .
- Checking business mail regularly within the shift and respond accordingly.
- Keep business mail strictly for business purposes only and follow E-mail etiquette and standards when sending or receiving mails.
- Reporting any problems, issues or guest disturbance immediately to the in charge to take proper action and to follow up with the guest to ensure guest satisfaction.
- To handle guest complaints in a professional manner, by owning it, working on a satisfactory resolution, to call a Supervisor / Senior Manager to handle if required.
- Communicate very well with the other team members to ensure the harmony and consistency of service & maintain good working relationships with colleagues and all other departments.
- To be entirely flexible and be able to be rotated within the different sub departments of the Rooms Division as assigned and to positively accept any changes within the department in light of business demands.
- To be flexible with changes in scheduling and shift timings according to business needs.
- To attend shift briefings, training and meetings as and when required.
- To carry out all responsibilities listed in the job description with utmost efficiency and dedication.
- Maintains a perpetual presence on the Reception Desk throughout the hours of the shift.
- Execute the check in according to Sofitel service standards.
- Execute the check out according to Sofitel service standards.
- Deal efficiently with PMS with the lowest error ratio.
- Update guest profile, ensuring that all guest data are linked and updated correctly in the different systems.
- Handle all cashier tasks and ensure that all accounts and postings have fully documented back-up.
- Handle paid outs, allowances and petty cash to the right procedures.
- Compare the Journal against the actual transactions and ensure 100% accuracy at the end of the shift and before leaving the hotel.
- Review individual floats and reconcile banking on a daily basis and immediately reporting any discrepancy to the in charge.
- Give instant support and assistance to all colleagues even without being asked.
- Seeking to acquire and increase his/her Professional and Product knowledge continuously.
- Participate in the Coverage of all Front of the house departments when needed (Concierge - Club Millesime - Guest Relations - Communication Centre - Business Centre)
- Report any operational challenges or concerns to his/her direct Managers immediately.
- Deal with problems positively and will always expose a wise approach when it comes to handling challenging situation/Guest/Case.
- Maintain amicable and co-operative working relations with all other departments
- Demonstrates that all Front Office Standards of Service & Operational Procedures are performed in all interactions.
- Remains observant and responds to each guest who approaches the Reception Desk.
- Ensure all guests are escorted to their room/suite and full hotel tour is conducted.
- Be knowledgeable of all room types and rates.
- Deal with telephone enquiries in a polite manner.
- Ensure all necessary working tools and stationary is sufficient.
- Ensure that any compliments or complaints that are received are dealt with promptly in a polite and efficient manner and accurately passed to the Duty Manager.
- Be familiar with our regular guests and their requirements.
- Be familiar with the VIP procedures & Guest recognition programs.
- Handling safety deposit box requests including opening procedures, giving access to and closing procedures
- Protect guest and associate security by never revealing any personal information, room numbers, and addresses, telephone numbers etc. Unless authorized by guest or a manager.
- Level of Education Bachelor / Licence Areas of study Hospitality Professional experiences 1 to 2 years
- English Optional languages Arabic
Essential and optional requirements
- Pleasant personality with a good appearance.
- Service and guest oriented
- Very good command of both written and spoken English
- Another language will be an asset
- Another language in addition will be an asset.
- Opera experience is a plus
- Physical Ability to stand for 8 hours daily
- Ability to work on shift basis.
- Power Point
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.