Job description / Role
• Section Head in charge of the baggage operations part of the department. Counterpart and liaison of the BHS Maintenance Specialist, reports to the BHS Service Manager. Supervises directly the "BHS Duty Supervisor Operations".
• Responsible for the operations performance delivery of the section and all operations staff.
• Management and running of day to day operation of the BHS Operations.
• Liaises and plans BHS maintenance with the BHS Maintenance Specialist.
• Resolves issues that arise from maintenance or are caused to maintenance due to operations
• Prepares operations reports for management summary and for SLA compliance with FM.
• Pre-plans operation in coordination with BHS maintenance.
• Frequently meets with all managers or heads of airlines, ground handlers, MoI and other operations stakeholders and contractors to achieve system performance of 99.5% in order to maintain health of the system.
• Forecasting future problematic areas and acting to avoid such problems to arise
• React to operational part of issues arises as shift operations, it is vital to review and summarize lessons learnt from any incident and incorporate into Contingency plan to avoid reoccurrence.
• As a head of the function it is important for him to react. Define comprehensive contingency plan to mitigate operational risk of failure out of BHS system.
• Ensures the safety of operations staff and provides safe working environment
• Revises work and safety procedures where required
• In charge of all contractors and sub-contractors in BHS operations including their performance and attendance
• Shift planning and ensuring of adequate BHS operations staff coverage at all times
• Escalates and informs BHS Service Manager of non-compliance with SLA, KPIs or contracts.
• Ensures all operations staff are trained on manuals and procedure
• Ensures all equipment, tools and PPE are available and safe to use
• Monitors and reports operational non-compliances
Qualifications & Experience
• Bachelor's degree in any discipline (Engineering or Aviation management preferred)
• Minimum experience: 8 - 12 years in managing operations and leading a team.
Job specific skills: Communication, Grooming, Customer Service Orientation, Inter-personal skills, Negotiation, Presentations, Grievance Handling, Crisis Management, Decision Making.
• Framework, Boundaries & Decision making authority
• Employee in this role is fully empowered to take Operational decision with respect to process bottleneck for the Baggage Flow in BIA.
• Whilst not having line responsibility for 24/7 operations, must ensure the appropriate allocation of resources for efficient flow of baggage in BIA..
• To manage Operational Emergency events, He shall make himself available 24 x 7.
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering