Job description / Role
In-charge of over-all supervision of logistics support provided for landscape and irrigation maintenance and project activities; over-all supervision of Mobile Team operations; supervise control of Red Palm Weevil, composting of garden wastes, and propagation of mangroves; acts as Coordinator for Health and Safety at work place.
• Responsible to provide logistics support to landscape and irrigation maintenance and projects by providing required manpower support, supervising the operation of heavy equipment and transport vehicles for all locations, monitoring maintenance of irrigation systems including pumps; and over-all supervision of the Mobile Team daily work.
• Coordinator for Health and Safety at work place;
• Supervising the control of Red Palm Weevil (which is the most important and dangerous insect pest of date palms). Implement appropriate control measures and data recording;
• Supervising the composting of garden wastes which including data recording and processing of wastes into compost and deliver back to garden and farms;
• Supervising the propagation and planting of mangroves;
• In-charge of maintaining sufficient stock of agricultural chemicals that can be used in projects and maintenance operations.
• Responsible for the forecasting and estimation of all required equipment and machineries for garden maintenance essential for budget preparation;
• Involved in market research for new technologies, equipment and systems of landscapes and garden maintenance in general that can be adopted and implemented in all sites being handled;
• Administrative function include overseeing work schedule to include staff assignment and rotation as well as staff promotion, training and development;
• Carry-out ad-hoc/other duties to be assigned by the superiors as needed;
• Ensuring a safe working environment for everyone working at the site;
• Strictly adhering to company rules and regulations;
• Maintaining good relationship with team mates and superiors.
• Must have a Degree in Bachelor of Science – Agriculture or Agricultural Engineering;
• With previous experience (minimum of 5 years) in landscaping and irrigation works from a reputable agricultural company or agribusiness.
• With excellent leadership and management skills to handle a team with various background and expertise in related fields
• Must be 30 - 45 years old;
• Gender: Male
• Must have a Driver’s License
• Must be able to communicate (speak and write) using Basic English language;
• Proficient in computer skills (Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint).
• Having the ability to speak Arabic language is an advantage;
• Willing to learn new skills;
• Hard-working, respectful, honest, patient and diligent at work;
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering