Job description / Role
Our client is a leading financial foreign exchange company. They are currently recruiting a Head of Compliance & MRLO
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Develops initiates, maintains and revised policies and procedures for the general operation of the Risk and Compliance Program and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct. Manages the day-to-day operation of the Program.
• Develops and periodically reviews and updates the Business Code of Conduct to ensure continuing
• currency and relevance in providing guidance to management and employees.
• Identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk and develops/implements corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues and provides general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
• Responds to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures and Standards of Conduct by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures. Develops and oversees a system for uniform handling of such violations.
• Acts as an independent review and evaluation body to ensure that compliance issues/concerns within the organization are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved.
• Monitors, and as necessary, coordinates compliance activities of other departments to remain abreast of the status of all compliance activities and to identify trends.
• Provides reports on a regular basis, and as requested, to keep the senior management and Board of Directors informed of the operation and progress of compliance efforts.
• Ensures proper reporting of violations or potential violations to duly authorized enforcement
• agencies as appropriate and/or required.
• Establishes and maintains an effective compliance communication program for the organization, including an effective compliance training program for all employees and managers.
• Monitors the performance of the Risk and Compliance Program and related activities on a continuing basis, taking appropriate steps to improve its effectiveness.
• Ensure all staff are effectively trained on AML
• Monitor the level of AML compliance within the branches and identify any additional training needs
• Point of contact for all AML related queries and STRs and reporting to the authorities as required
• Preparing annual reports on AML Compliance to the Board of Directors.
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in compliance, risk, audit or other related areas in the financial services industry
• AML Diploma or equivalent; CAMS preferred
• In depth knowledge of foreign exchange industry
• In depth knowledge of regulatory compliance requirements and risk management principles
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Group Internal Auditor