Job description / Role
Our client is a real estate investment company in Bahrain. They are currently looking to recruit a Head of Finance
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Undertake a detailed evaluation of every proposed business transaction in parallel with its approved business strategy.
• Provide critical and objective business and transaction analysis of a multitude of specific and strategic investments and deals, embracing: financial modeling and analysis, risk assessment, valuations, market and specific research, deal preparation and transaction management.
• Work closely with other business units as well as being the Company’s focal point in coordinating and presenting findings and recommendations to the company Executive and on ward to its Investment Committees and onward to its Board of Directors.
• In accordance with approved financial authority levels responsible for annual operating budget and the Unit’s own generated approved transaction budgets
• Review and analyze strategic investment opportunities to determine risks, returns, benefits, strategic fit, means to strengthen the structure if required, and alternatives available and recommend the appropriate course of action for the Company.
• Develop/ use financial models to evaluate investments including DCF, WACC and ROI cash flow models and financial projections for deals originated by the Company.
• Analyze corporate finance, project finance and Islamic Finance transactions including actively participating in deal teams for structuring and syndicating transactions.
• Complete reviews of new and existing investments promptly and within stipulated deadlines.
• Contribute in the arrangement of financings products to finance various funding requirements by the Company.
• Annual and 3 yearly budget planning and forecasting.
• Unit staff performance and appraisal.
• Regular performance reviews and reporting of investment performance
• Independently interact with Company’s key clients and international business contacts. Conduct business meetings from an investment perspective.
• Train and develop staff, coaching other team members.
• Continual professional development
• Responsible for supporting the monthly/ quarterly cash flow.
• Submitting quarterly return and the preparation of budgets.
• Completing the daily journal voucher entries and ensuring daily closing.
• Approving of daily payment transactions / wire transfers.
• Checking that proper authority has approved the invoices before processing.
• Helping in process improvements related to Finance Department.
• Ensure month end reporting completed within agreed deadlines.
• Maintain the business’ books of account, and ensure that it complies with relevant statutory and regulatory requirements.
• Ensuring robust reconciliation positions.
• Apply the policies, procedures, rules and regulations of the Company at all times in the course of business transaction.
• Undertake other project and/or perform other duties as may be required by the management.
Qualifications & Experience
• BSC. In Finance/ Accounting/ Business, or higher.
• Relevant graduate degree e.g. MBA from a recognized university.
• Professional certification in related field (CFA, CPA, CA, etc.)
• Minimum 10 years Companying experience
• Min 10 years’ experience in a professional financial and/or investment environment
• Strong financial analysis skills and presentation skills.
• Sound knowledge of corporate finance, investment Companying and capital market products.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills in English. Ability to communicate in Arabic will be an advantage.
• Highly detail oriented and organized with the ability to prioritize workload in a fast paced environment.
• Resourceful and independent with the ability to work proactively and think laterally
• Team player with flexible demean our, can-do positive attitude, ability to start early and stay late as required.
• Competent in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Dedicated financial software, Access and Visio.
• candidate must be based in Bahrain
• Bahraini National preferred
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering