Job description / Role
Maximizes return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Ensure timely compliance of regulatory reporting and compliance to Regulatory (CBB) rules and Bank’s policies.
• Ensure sound financial control and accounting in accordance with IAS/IFRS and high quality and timely advice on financial analysis (Management Information).
• Prepare/ develop Annual Budget and strategic plan and Ensure Lead the accounts/ finance team and Coordinate with business unit heads
• Ensure that adequate accounting records are maintained, and the financial accounts are drawn up in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards and any applicable regulatory guidelines.
• Ensure accurate and timely submission of regulatory returns, including Prudential and Public disclosure requirements, in accordance with the applicable regulatory guidelines.
• Ensure Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly and Annual reporting requirements as per regulatory requirements on Financials and Prudential Information reports and Public disclosure-Basel III requirements.
• Ensure timely receipt of review / audit clearances of interim and year-end accounts through effective liaison and co-ordination with auditors (Internal & external) and management and all significant accounting and auditing issues are pro-actively raised and addressed effectively and in a timely manner.
• Co-ordinate and through effective interaction ensure timely completion and presentation of Annual Budgets and Ensure provision of an accurate, well-structured and an objective analysis of budgetary performance on a basis in a timely and effective manner.
• Ensure effective and timely advise and support to business units relating to products and services in the implementation of systems. Coordinate with IT Department on any improvements in Core Banking system in smooth / sound reporting and implementation of upgrades to Core Banking system reporting and Enquiry.
• Ensure implementation of financial standards and policies through effective co-ordination and communication with other departments.
• Co-ordinate and ensure timely, cost effective and adequate insurance coverage for assessment of all underlying business risks on an ongoing basis by guiding in formulating strategic and long-term business plans;
• Researching and reporting on factors influencing business performance to ensure on an ongoing basis timely and effective implementation of an internal accounting, budgetary control and reconciliation framework.
• Keep abreast with regulation and IAS/IFRS and to ensure compliance to Regulatory (CBB) rules and Bank’s policies and high quality and timely advice on financial analysis (Management information).
• Preparation and compilation of Annual report and website update on financial and Non-Financial Information as per Regulatory requirements.
• As member of ALCO (Asset Liability Committee) provide timely reports and ensure effective contribution in achieving key objective of ALCO.
• As member of Credit Committee, review Credit facility assessment reports.
• As member of Trade Finance tariff committee, review the Tariffs applicable for Trade finance products.
• Oversee all functions relating financial Control, oversee the functions of Assistant Manager-FC, Officer-FC and Accounts assistant.
• Perform such other tasks as may be assigned from time-to-time by the CEO.
• Ensure adherence to Bank’s policies and procedures.
Experience & Qualification Requirements:
• Minimum education level/discipline: Master’s in finance/ MBA with relevant professional qualification and recognized accounting qualification – ACA/ACCA/CPA.
• Mandatory professional qualification/licenses: Approval from CBB.
Required experience in terms of region/industry/business/function/role:
• Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in the banking industry of which the last 7 years should have been similar capacity or experience in external audit of Banks.
• Detailed and working knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards.
• Possess detailed knowledge and practical application of accounting for banking products/services including treasury. Awareness of prudential capital requirements and developments to Basel III.
Other Skills Required:
• Proficiency in MS Office suite of products – Excel, Word, Power-point.
• Strong and effective leadership skills. Team player.
• Well-developed communication and presentational skills.
• Good inter-personal, change management and man-management skills.
• Positive attitude and focused.
About the Company
Human Capital House was set up in the year 2013 with a vision to be a progressive talent acquisition partner for organizations within the local and regional market in the Middle East.
As international markets get ever demanding, corporations globally are presented with the challenges of attracting the right talent. Human capital retention and recruitment remain a critical factor to the success of any company. Strategic decision to recruit the right talent is a key issue to organization as wrong candidate selection can potentially be disastrous to their efficiency.
The critical aspect of choosing the right individual with the apt experience and knowledge becomes more crucial as he/she would need to share the ambitions of the employer, while fitting in to the new culture. Human Capital House has both the experience and expertise to help its clients make the right choice of selection. From understanding client requirements, through identifying and assessing the candidates, our systematic approach strives to ensure successful executive recruitment.