Job description / Role
Our client, one of the world’s most comprehensive port and integrated inland service networks are looking to hire a strategic Head of HR for their Bahrain Office.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
• Plan the strategic direction of the department, aligning it with the overall business plan and strategy of the company.
• Ensure that all employees are provided equal opportunity, fair and consistent application of policy, regardless of nationality and citizenship.
• Responsible for management of all worker groups including unions, worker representatives & collective bargaining bodies.
• Responsible to maintain key contacts with employer associations & labour ministry officials.
• Recommends solutions and advises management on significant employee relations matters.
• Researches human resources issues, seeks out comparative data, utilizing survey instruments or other applicable vehicles for such research and analysis.
To be considered for this role, you must have the following skills and experience:
• The position requires a professional standard of knowledge to lead teams through functional/general expertise in the HR and associated functions.
• Minimum university degree in human resources, business administration, behavioural science, or management.
• Substantial experience in general human resources or related work, with an emphasis in organizational design and planning, employment, labor law, employee relations, compensation, and benefits.
• Demonstrated leadership and management skills.
• Must be able to work effectively with all levels of the organization, including top, middle and supervisory levels of management.
• Advanced verbal and written communications skills in English.
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering