Job description / Role
Duties & Responsibilities
• Plans the strategic direction of the department, aligning it with the overall business plan and strategy of the company.
• Ensures that all employees are provided equal opportunity, fair and consistent application of policy, regardless of nationality or citizenship.
• Responsible for management of all worker groups including unions, worker representatives & collective bargaining bodies.
• Responsible to maintain key contacts with employer associations & labour ministry officials
• Recommends solutions and advises management on significant employee relations matters.
• Directs the administration of the compensation system and methodology, ensuring consistent practices.
• Approves general administrative documents, including employment contracts, status changes (job title, salary grade, pay), separations from employment, and other related matters.
• Acts as a key liaison with the community, as it may relate to the company overall or to some aspect of the human resources function.
• Keeps fully informed of changes in labor or employment law matters.
• Researches human resources issues, seeks out comparative data, utilizing survey instruments or other applicable vehicles for such research and analysis.
Qualifications & Experience
• Candidate should have experience dealing with blue collar worker, mid level and senior employees
• Bahraini National
• Fluency in English & Arabic
• 12 - 15 years of HR experience
• The position requires a professional standard of knowledge to lead teams through functional/general expertise in the HR and associated functions.
• Minimum university degree in human resources, business administration, behavioural science, or management.
• Substantial experience in general human resources or related work, with an emphasis in organizational design and planning, employment, labor law, employee relations, compensation, and benefits.
• Must be thoroughly familiar with local labor and employment law and practices.
• Complete and thorough understanding of international management standards and principles.
• Thoroughly knowledgeable in various international human resources standards in the areas of compensation, employee relations, general benefits, employment and staffing practices, and organizational development.
• Demonstrated leadership and management skills.
• Must be able to work effectively with all levels of the organization, including top, middle and supervisory levels of management.
• Effective interpersonal and negotiation skills.
• Collaborative work style, fostering cooperation and teamwork to achieve results.
• Able to exercise discretion and good judgment, with an ability to understand the effect of decisions overall in the company.
• Able to handle confidential company and employee information with complete discretion.
• Strong analytical skills, including the ability to extract, compile and analyse data.
• Advanced verbal and written communications skills in English.
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering
Head of HR
Head of Human Resources
Quest Search & Selection
HR Manager, Food & Beverage
CSG Global Talent
Head of Human Resources
|Abu Dhabi||17 Jul|
Big Fish Recruitment