Job description / Role
We are looking for a Head of Investment to be based in Bahrain. Our client is one of the leading real estate and infrastructure development company in the MENA region.
• Undertake a detailed evaluation of every proposed business transaction in parallel with its approved business strategy and stated aims of being the Region’s first fully integrated real estate and infrastructure solution provider that will undertake and/or provide:
• Development and Construction Services.
• Manufacturing and securing Building Materials.
• Facility Management Services.
• Mortgage Services.
• Real Estate Planning & Consultancy Services.
• Marketing Services
• Across the entire property development and property performing life cycle for all property classes and types.
• Provide critical and objective Investment and transaction analysis of a multitude of specific and strategic investments and deals, embracing: financial modeling and analysis, risk assessment, valuations, market and specific research, deal preparation and transaction management.
• Set and establish the company’s internal benchmarks and KPI’s for the evaluation, compliance measurement and continual assessment of the company’s investments, business activity and development activities relative to stated investment returns, P & L performance, value for money criteria and financial structuring.
• Seek and maintain working relationships with potential equity investors, project finance organizations and lenders to support and share in all of the company’s business activities as appropriate.
• Work closely with the company’s other business units as well as being the Company’s focal point in coordinating and presenting findings and recommendations to the company’s Executive and on ward to its Investment Committees and onward to its Board of Directors. In accordance with approved financial authority levels responsible for annual operating budget and the Unit’s own generated approved transaction budgets.
• Review and analyze strategic investment opportunities to determine risks, returns, benefits, strategic fit, means to strengthen the structure if required, and alternatives available and recommend the appropriate course of action for the Company.
• Develop/ use financial models to evaluate investments including DCF, WACC and ROI cash flow models and financial projections for deals originated by the Company.
• Analyze corporate finance, project finance and Islamic Finance transactions including actively participating in deal teams for structuring and syndicating transactions.
• Complete reviews of new and existing investments promptly and within stipulated deadlines.
• Contribute in the arrangement of financings products to finance various funding requirements by the Company.
• Understanding of Islamic Financial instruments, aims and objectives.
• Understanding of Islamic accounting procedures.
• Annual and 3 yearly budget planning and forecasting.
• Regular reporting of local and global financial information.
• Representation of the Company at public and industry events.
• Unit staff performance and appraisal.
• Regular performance reviews and reporting of investment performance
• Independently interact with Company’s key clients and international business contacts. Conduct business meetings from an investment perspective.
• Train and develop staff, coaching other team members.
• Continual professional development.
• Develop the PR strategy for the company based on its goals. Promote the Company for long-term enhancement of its reputation and fully leveraging its brand.
• Develop and manages the budget for the Marketing as well as the PR.
• Direct the work of Marketing and PR, advertising agencies, public relations firms and printers, including the implementation of contracts for outside vendors in support of the company objectives.
• Develop, manage and implement external communications, including press releases, brochures and other publications, facilitating and managing the approval process.
• Develop, manages and implement media training, message development and interview preparation for designated spokespersons.
• Manage and approves the appropriate use of the Company’s logo. Develop and manage collateral materials including stationary, business cards, and promotional giveaways.
• Develop, manages and implement internal communications, including Company newsletters.
• Develop, manage and implements incident communications, including key messages and outreach to all key audiences both internal and external, including the media.
• Develop stories for the Company’s web site, intranet, social responsibility and annual reports and other collateral.
• Develop or reviews proposed speeches, external presentations for CEO and senior management team, securing appropriate approvals.
• Coordinate all CEO and senior executives’ events, special visits and envoys, including meetings with ministers and royalties.
• Monitor local/regional governmental issues that potentially impact the company.
• Develop and maintains relationships with shareholders and community leaders, as appropriate.
• Develop strategy, evaluate and determine business purpose for proposed contributions and recommend contribution recipients.
• Coordinates all programs and activities with appropriate management and partners; facilitate securing appropriate approvals.
• Partner with other departments such as Human Resources and Administration for Bahrain regional events, i.e., conferences, university career days.
• Coordinate with various departments and staff in addressing local/regional concerns, including those that involve cultural impacts or sensitivities.
• Coordinate special events for employees, including family day.
• Report of any suspicion of security violation/incident to systems or/and network to the ITC and Risk officer.
• Undertake other project and/or perform other duties as may be required by the management.
• BSC. In Finance/ Accounting/ Business, or higher.
• Relevant graduate degree e.g. MBA from a recognized university.
• Professional certification in related field (CFA, CPA, CA, etc.)
• Min 8 years’ experience in a professional financial and/or investment environment
• Strong financial analysis skills and presentation skills.
• Sound knowledge of corporate finance, investment Companying and capital market products.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills in English. Ability to communicate in Arabic will be an advantage.
• Highly detail oriented and organized with the ability to prioritize workload in a fast paced environment.
• Resourceful and independent with the ability to work proactively and think laterally
• Competent in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Dedicated financial software, Access and Visio.
• Ability to travel to trade shows and attend conferences
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering
Director of Asset Management
Director / Head of MENA Real Estate
Swisslinx Middle East
Chief Investment Advisor
Global Bankers Search and Selection
Ziad Galadari Group
|Abu Dhabi||17 Oct|