Job description / Role
Our client is an Investment Business Firm, They provide comprehensive range of savings and investment solutions. They currently have an exciting opportunity for a Head of IT in Bahrain. Their business is driven by a team of professionals who have the requisite talent, skills, expertise, knowledge and creativity.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Designs, plans, direct and coordinates all operational activities of the department, together with the provision of IT based solutions that support business processes.
• Derive, implement and manage the strategy for IT developments that provide on-going cost-effective solutions for all aspects of the organization’s business activity and development and ensure IT capacity to adequately support current and projected business volumes.
• Responsible for all IT systems including, but not exclusively, in-house software and hardware, networks, outsourced operations, bought in services and portable devices.
• Make a constructive and effective contribution to the formulation of the company’s key business and service objectives and formulate and progress IT and IS strategies that allow the company to achieve those objectives.
• Through on-going work with departmental management, identify and agree IT priorities;
• Through working with the business, plan and implement changes to business processes to enable technologies and users to operate in an integrated manner;
• Make a major contribution to the formulation of the company’s key business and service objectives and to the formulation and progression of IT strategies, which help the company achieve its objectives. This will involve:
- Membership of the senior management team and various project steering groups
- The preparation of long and short-term plans, taking into account the benefits, costs, implications for hardware, software, systems and staff, and the impact on users and, when necessary, draft papers for the Executive Management Committee and the Board
- Keeping abreast of developments in the IT field in order to advise management of those which are relevant to the company and to maintain a coherent and cost-effective IT strategy in the face of technological change.
• Makes a constructive and effective contribution to discussions at managerial level, identifying with and supporting corporate policies arrived at after a process of collegiate discussion.
• Manage the IT department, ensuring delivery of appropriate service, support and information to all users in the business, including the agreement and ongoing management of service level agreements (SLAs)
• Optimize the utilization of resources in delivering and supporting the solutions provided
• Determine the most appropriate design of infrastructure to support the business, taking into account prevailing best practices and technologies
• Manage and oversee annual and quarterly reviews of IT security and associated audits
• Oversee provision of end-user support services, including help-desk and associated technical support services
• Oversee negotiation and administration of vendor, outsourced suppliers and consultant service agreements and contracts
• Ensure both directly and through direct reports, the provision of an efficient IT and IS service to all user departments.
• Maintain close and continuous contact with users and staff involved with the implementation of new systems, displaying empathy with users by being understanding of their problems and helpful, practical and persuasive in providing technical advice and guidance.
• Liaise closely with suppliers and potential suppliers, evaluating proposals and making recommendations to the management team. Following agreement, negotiating contracts and agreements for final approval.
• Agree and manage SLAs with suppliers.
• Maintain an oversight of all IT projects ensuring that compatibility and integration issues are taken into account and, as a member of the project steering group, be responsible for the monitoring and control of all IT-led projects within the company
• Responsible for the company’s information security policy and adherence to the requirements of relevant and country specific data protection acts
• Control the operational costs of the IT department
• Ensure that IT systems, infrastructure and stored data are secure against internal and external threats and position effective and appropriate measures for risk management and information security
• Responsible for the implementation and testing of IT and IS business continuity to support the organisation’s business continuity plans;
• Provide regular progress reports to the CEO
• Develop and support internal and external communications networks, maintaining the security and integrity of all systems and stored data
• Initiate contingency planning and continuous system improvements, involving close liaison with other senior managers
• Identify current and future needs for staff skills, hardware, systems and accommodation and make recommendations for improvements and changes to departmental structure where these are seen to be needed
• Ensure the development and maintenance of systems documentation and operational standards and procedures
• Assume full responsibility for technical systems across offices, including but not limited to the company telephone systems, mobile devices, document imaging systems, voice recording system etc. including ensuring round the clock technical support and the maintenance of appropriate contractual relationships with specialist suppliers.
• Controls the operational costs of the IT department by monitoring of IT costs on an ongoing basis.
• Have a good knowledge of all functions of the business and be fully aware of all business developments, nationally and internationally, in order that he or she can recommend new
• Technology for the benefit of the company
• Possess the ability to understand technical concepts and explain them clearly to users unfamiliar with computer technology
• Perform any other duties as may reasonably be requested by the CEO, Chief Operations Officer or the Board
• Undertake such personal development or training
Qualifications & Experiences:
• Bachelor’s Degree required preferably in an IT related subject
• IT qualifications are preferred
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a similar role with a minimum of 5 years’ experience of people management
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering
Alpha Group (Alpha Flight Services UAE)
IT Infrastructure & Operations - AVP
Bilingual Head of IT
Irwin & Dow
IT Systems Manager
Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank (ADCB)
|Abu Dhabi||3 Oct|