Job description / Role
• Develop and implement appropriate IT strategy for the organisation in line with the overall strategy of the business.
• Develop policies and procedures consistent with those of the other corporate services department in order to ensure effective operation of the organisation.
• Introduce new processes and systems and redefine and transform existing processes to align with changing business and technology needs, which includes all functions: Hardware, Software, Infrastructure & Security.
• Looking after all various IT projects, setting timelines for project implementation, adopting the project management framework to ensure projects are completed within the defined timelines, providing subject matter expertise.
• Develop and design technology solutions through business and application architecture principles and maintain efficient and agile methodology for the business.
• Plan, direct, and manage the implementation of cost-effective information systems and computer operations.
• Overlooking the planning and budgeting for technology projects and contribute to the preparation of business-initiated technology projects, monitoring the financial performance against the budget for the Bank, not limited to monitoring performance to rectify and improve any unsatisfactory performance.
• Set performance objectives, provide necessary support, evaluate and appraise the team and regular feedback on performance.
• Manage the effective achievement of the team’s objectives through setting individual objectives, managing performance, developing the team and providing formal and informal feedback to maximise overall performance, engagement and motivation.
• Develop, review and update Information Security policies to ensure organisational assets (Information software, hardware) are protected against compromise.
• Provide appropriate solutions to preserve the confidentiality of information and safeguard the accuracy and completeness of information and processing methods.
Experience & Qualification Requirements:
• Bachelor’s or Master’s in the field of Information Technology / Computer Science or equivalent.
• Around 8 to 10 years of experience in technology services within banking / finance industry in a similar role, with at least 5 years in a managerial capacity for management of financial applications / technical systems.
• Must have exposure in experience relevant to all main functions of IT department, including Software, Hardware, Infrastructure & Security.
• PMP / Prince 2 / ITIL certification or equivalent.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Proven track record at senior level of leading staff within an IT environment.
• Successful track record of implementation with delivery on time and to budget.
• Leading change in an IT environment.
• Developing, implementing and managing strategies and plans aligned to key business objectives.
• Contract management, negotiation and monitoring.
• Developing a proactive service.
• Effective working within teams and individually.
• Develop effective partnership working within the Bank and with other stakeholders.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Ability to utilise and manage complex IT systems.
• Good negotiating skills.
• Ability to make decisions.
• Proven track record of managing and motivating staff.
About the Company
Human Capital House was set up in the year 2013 with a vision to be a progressive talent acquisition partner for organizations within the local and regional market in the Middle East.
As international markets get ever demanding, corporations globally are presented with the challenges of attracting the right talent. Human capital retention and recruitment remain a critical factor to the success of any company. Strategic decision to recruit the right talent is a key issue to organization as wrong candidate selection can potentially be disastrous to their efficiency.
The critical aspect of choosing the right individual with the apt experience and knowledge becomes more crucial as he/she would need to share the ambitions of the employer, while fitting in to the new culture. Human Capital House has both the experience and expertise to help its clients make the right choice of selection. From understanding client requirements, through identifying and assessing the candidates, our systematic approach strives to ensure successful executive recruitment.