Job description / Role
• Direct and supervise the day-to-day functions of the Treasury & Investments Department, as per agreed upon directives of the Executive Management and the BOD.
• Monitor, analyze and advise Executive Management on global & financial market events that impact the Department and Bank’s performance, risk exposure, profitability and balance sheet implications.
• Advise relevant committees on relevant issues pertaining to financial markets and liquidity to enable them to make effective decisions that will both enhance the Bank’s profitability and mitigate inherent risks.
• Coordinate with Executive Management and other Department Heads on product offerings and services that contribute to the Bank’s profitability and increasing market share.
• Assign the global Trading limits, policies and procedures and ensure the adherence by all members of the Treasury team.
• Regularly update the Treasury Policy & Procedure to reflect changes in the Bank’s overall strategy & the Department’s activities, to be submitted for further approval by the Executive Management and BOD.
• Oversee the management of daily cash balances and liquidity, forecast cash payments and anticipating challenges arising from liquidity shortfalls.
• Coordinate closely with Risk Management and Compliance to protect the Bank from any potential current and future risk events.
• Monitor all trading activities in the financial markets by the various desks.
• Propose and evaluate new products and revenue streams that can boost the Bank’s profitability and serve strengthening its balance sheet.
• Present to the BOD on subjects related to the Treasury Department’s performance or product development.
• As a member of ALCO, MRC, Credit & Investment and Tariff Committees, provide ALCO members regular reports on short & long-term interest rate forecasts, funding challenges, market changing events and developments.
• Attend external customer/counterpart meetings and represent the Bank or Department in events and forums.
• Monitor and control internal procedures of the Department and ensure their efficiency and adherence.
• Monitor and control the Bank’s Market Risk limits.
• Prepare annual/quarterly Budgets for the Department.
• Performs other related duties as assigned by the Executive Management/BOD.
Experience & Qualification Requirements:
• Possess a minimum of 10 years of overall experience in Banking industry in Treasury & capital markets, of which at least 5 years of experience in the same function, as heading Treasury and Investments.
• Strong analytical, financial and trading skills.
• Experience working in global business environment a plus, with good understanding of Banking business and the wider industry and its regulatory environment.
• Strong Management and product development skills.
• Relevant qualifications for the role and responsibilities-
• MBA in finance/ CFA
• Additional Certifications on- Securities and Financial derivatives/ Investment management, internal control objectives & mechanism, automated system etc.
About the Company
Human Capital House was set up in the year 2013 with a vision to be a progressive talent acquisition partner for organizations within the local and regional market in the Middle East.
As international markets get ever demanding, corporations globally are presented with the challenges of attracting the right talent. Human capital retention and recruitment remain a critical factor to the success of any company. Strategic decision to recruit the right talent is a key issue to organization as wrong candidate selection can potentially be disastrous to their efficiency.
The critical aspect of choosing the right individual with the apt experience and knowledge becomes more crucial as he/she would need to share the ambitions of the employer, while fitting in to the new culture. Human Capital House has both the experience and expertise to help its clients make the right choice of selection. From understanding client requirements, through identifying and assessing the candidates, our systematic approach strives to ensure successful executive recruitment.
RP International (RPI)
|Saudi Arabia||20 Dec|
Head of Finance
|Ras Al Khaimah||31 Jan|
Corporate Finance Manager
A Leading Property Developer Company in UAE