Job description / Role
Our client is the largest domestic multinational expanding their presence in principal international markets. They are currently looking for a Head Risk to be based in their Bahrain Branch.
Duties & Responsibilities
• The role holder is responsible to assist the director of risk management in all the day-to-day work of risk, including investment risk analysis, reporting, and other assignments.
• Independent analysis of Investment proposals to identify significant sources of fiduciary, operation, reputation, investment and financial risk and reporting of the same to top management and Board for better decision making.
• Recommending risk mitigations in order to mitigate the key risks identified.
• Periodic evaluation of existing investments to highlight the key risks and compare the actual performance vis-à-vis projected performance and identify the key factors for the performance shortfall, if any.
• Assist in developing and implementing a reporting system for Investment Risk Management, and develop metrics and systems for Key Risk and Performance Indicators for individual investments.
• Detailed review of Financial Models, Valuations, validating all the assumptions, ensuring the sanctity of the models used.
• Preparing sensitivity analysis of the investments to various macro-economic and specific investment related factors
• Identifying the scope of due diligences for in-depth understanding of the target companies/projects.
• Assist in implementation, review and reporting of Risk Appetite, ICAAP and Stress Testing framework for the group
• Assist in preparation of detailed Investment Risk report to the ARC and Board.
• Conduct other duties and special project as required by Head of Risk Management.
Qualification & Experience
• Preference will be given to Bahraini National
• (Minimum level of education, professional qualifications, background and years of experience required to do the job).
• +10 years’ experience
• 5 years’ experience in a high managerial level
• Experience in Credit Risk (business side) and operational Risk
• Approved by the CBB (if based in Bahrain)
• Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
• Good Communication Skills
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering
Senior Risk Manager
|Abu Dhabi||17 Mar|
Risk Manager - Investment Risk
Human Capital House
Chief Financial Officer
Head of Finance